Microsoft Works Word Processor

FS

Right then, I've got a load of letters on file that I've written over the last year or so and were dated accordingly.

When I re-opened some of them today to check some details, the software automatically changed the date to today's date, destroying all record of when I actually wrote them.

Anyone know if A: The original dates can be restored? and B: Can this 'auto re-dating' be switched off ?

A. No idea.

B. At 'Insert>Date and Time' on MS Word there is an 'Update automatically' check-box that has to be cleared to stop the updates.

I notice that Wordpad doesn't have this checkbox available,so the Works word processor might not either.

However,Wordpad doesn't update automatically,so this suggests that the checkbox must be available in Works.

Right then, I've got a load of letters on file that I've written over the last year or so and were dated accordingly.

When I re-opened some of them today to check some details, the software automatically changed the date to today's date, destroying all record of when I actually wrote them.

Anyone know if A: The original dates can be restored? and B: Can this 'auto re-dating' be switched off ?

Have you tried system restore to a date before the clocks changed? :huh: