Sky+ Box

tam

Can anyone help with my sky here's the problem,

I had a standard sky box with movie and sport subscription, i got a sky+ box from the mother in law set it up put my card in and it works now but does'nt show my movies or sports channels, it also wont perform any of the sky+ ff rw etc, it does say i can contact sky but they will be looking for some cash no doubt, any help will be appreciated.

I'm in a similar position. I want a Sky+ box but don't want to give the robbing bassas the cash for it. Was thinking about getting one off eBay as there are loads on there. I assume if I do that, all my current channels should work okay on the new box (other than maybe phoning them up as per Tom's reply above)?

I'm in a similar position. I want a Sky+ box but don't want to give the robbing bassas the cash for it. Was thinking about getting one off eBay as there are loads on there. I assume if I do that, all my current channels should work okay on the new box (other than maybe phoning them up as per Tom's reply above)?

Do you already subscribe to Sky?

Phone them up and tell them you are going to cancel your subscription unless they give you a box.

Worked for me and I did the same for my dad. :)

if you only have sky and want to upgrade to sky+ you need an extra cable off the dish and probbably a quad lnb fitted! this is where they charge an install fee!

but contact me and ill sort it out much cheaper!

I noticed when i took the box from her mums house that it had two inputs from the dish but i only have one, which i connected to dish imput one on the +box so do i still phone up and get the card "married" to the box then get the extra cable sorted, also does it matter that im 3 up cause when my dish broke before they hit me with "we need a special heights team".

ive now called to "marry" the card and box which should be sorted by this time tomorrow, am i right that once this is done il be able pause rw ff etc and the quad lnb is needed if i want to record one channel while watching another?

Edited by tam

I noticed when i took the box from her mums house that it had two inputs from the dish but i only have one, which i connected to dish imput one on the +box so do i still phone up and get the card "married" to the box then get the extra cable sorted, also does it matter that im 3 up cause when my dish broke before they hit me with "we need a special heights team".

ive now called to "marry" the card and box which should be sorted by this time tomorrow, am i right that once this is done il be able pause rw ff etc and the quad lnb is needed if i want to record one channel while watching another?

You will need the 2nd cable fitted before you will be able to pause/rec.

your channels should have come on already after they paired the card up with the box!

I love special height jobs! :wink:

You will need the 2nd cable fitted before you will be able to pause/rec.

your channels should have come on already after they paired the card up with the box!

I love special height jobs! :wink:

They said they would need to do it manually as the irish girl on the phone couldn't get it to work so told me to give it till tomorrow afternoon.

Do you already subscribe to Sky?

Phone them up and tell them you are going to cancel your subscription unless they give you a box.

Worked for me and I did the same for my dad. :)

Thats what i did when my Sky+ buggered up. They wanted to charge me £60 !! - because thier equipment stopped working a few days after the 1 year warranty ran out !

They obviously didnae know they were dealing wi a Paisley man, i cancelled my Sky completely, or tried to anyway.

Said they would do it for half price before saying they would do it for nothing ! - they said 'its a gesture of goodwilll'

I said 'Thats big of you' :huh:

The guy came out and did something to the back of the box - in and out in two mins. <_<

Edited by ped