Questions On Recent Performances

Kemp

I'd be interested to hear the opinions of those who have actually been to our recent games on the progress the team is making. Being reliant on TV clips and the odd sensible post on here, I am obviously heartened by the 7 points we have picked up away from home but not sure whether we are seeing the team really come together and improving now, or whether we have just had a bit of luck that deserted us earlier in the season.

We did the start the season with a couple of performances that seemed to be considered ok but resulted in no points. Looking at the table now that defeat at Motherwell looks like a poor defeat as does the home defeat to Dundee. Losing to Hamilton and Dundee United at home now doesn't seem to be as big a disaster as it did at the time.

So, do you believe we have actually improved dramatically over the past four or five games? Or just a change in luck? I watched the Celtic game on TV and thought we were very poor, as were Celtic. We seem to have got a few lucky breaks, penalties for handball v Thistle & Aberdeen, a barrowload of missed chances from Aberdeen at Pittodrie, and the St Johnstone goals ruled out yesterday all looked good to me. Good to see some goals going but is the current defence going to be able to stop shipping goals?

Is it time to drop Marian Kello? I think we had a decent run of form once Dilo came in last season, and as good a shot stopper as Kello seems to be the goals lost against St Johnstone & Celtic would be enough for me to stick him in the reserves. No idea if we have anyone to come in though.

Has Sean Kelly coming back in the team improved the performance of the defence?

Is Plummer missed at all in central defence?

Is Reilly meriting his inclusion in the starting line up?

Are the other youth players who are coming off the bench, like Brown, ready for the SPL?

Caldwell did well to set up the winner yesterday, and of course hit a couple v Dunfermline. Should he be given a run in the team?

What are the chances of us having a forward line that can damage other teams before Thommo returns?

Its good to see three late goals, do you think the team is showing more fight now than previously?

That's about it, just interested to hear the general opinion on the strength of the squad and how they are playing.

We aren't playing much better now than we were at the start of the season. Indeed I still maintain our best performance this season has been at Fir Park.

However, we have a bit of confidence going forward now and we are getting some overdue breaks. 6 goals from 3 away games tells it's own story, we are clicking in the final third in a way we weren't earlier in the season.

The reality is that there's not much between us and about 6 other teams. We will certainly not be 'cut adrift' as some knickerwetters were predicting.

Tommy has built a tremendous team spirit and what we lack in experience - 15 of yesterday's 18 were under 22! - we more than make up for in belief and heart. These young players are improving every week, and when our experienced heads come back for the second half of the season we should kick on even more.

All our 7 points were really dug out of tough situations, we were losing at Firhill, we were losing 2-0 at Aberdeen and drawing 1-1 in Perth with the home side on the charge.

It's that spirit which makes me sure we will be ok this season. I predicted at the start we wouldn't finish lower than last seasons position of 8th, I absolutely stand by that.

Thanks for your answer TC, although I have to say I still don't share your optimism! Looking forward to the next couple of home games though, great chance for 6 points and I should be able to get to Scotland to see the games.

One reply though, message loud and clear from everyone else! This is no place for football talk! Lets get back to petty squabbles and the resident Tory boys gloating about the referendum!