Sin Bin Snooker THread

faraway saint

23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The World Championships start today with some punters being allowed into the Crucible.

Over the years I've lost some interest in Snooker, maybe there's too many other options available so I'll not be tuned in too much.

My Dad loved watching the snooker. :(

Looking at the names I've definitely lost interest, I've never heard of plenty of these players.  :lol:

Quite a contingent from the far east. 

image.thumb.png.718908e46413b042b05ed05d15a183f0.png

• 1 year later...

Haven't watched much of the World Championships, as already stated earlier in this thread, lost interest.

Again this year the older players proving me wrong that it was a young mans game.

Higgins, O'Sullivan and Williams all involved in the semi finals. 

Watched some of the Williams v Trump last night, Williams was outstanding.

What a comeback.

Mark Williams produced a scintillating potting display to battle back to 13-11 down in his World Championship semi-final against Judd Trump.

The three-time champion trailed 7-1 overnight and fell 12-5 behind when Trump opened the third session with a superb 120 break.

But Williams made four half-centuries and a sublime 137 break to win five frames on the spin.

And while Trump then had a run of 113, Williams took a tense final frame.

Their match is set to play to its conclusion on Saturday from 14:30 BST.

Earlier on Friday, world number one Ronnie O'Sullivan moved into a 10-6 lead over John Higgins as he took control of their last-four meeting.

Resuming at 4-4, the six-time champion was always more fluent, making five half-centuries to gain a 9-6 advantage. Higgins was guilty of a series of loose shots and of failing to score heavily from several good chances.

And his misery was compounded when he missed a black off the spot and then saw O'Sullivan take the frame to a re-spotted black before winning his fifth in a row.

• 1 year later...