Assisted Dying

faraway saint

6 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

It's amazing how many times I've used a generic "you" on here and people have taken it personally. Some have even been offended on behalf of others. Just wanted to make it clear for everyone.

What if someone chose the time and manner of their suicide as in front of a number 26 bus in Causeyside Street at 3pm?

What do you mean by "The inheritance thing is actually caused by restrictions"?

The "20% of your inheritance" as a bribe problem would be caused by restrictions on a persons right to decide to die. If people had a general right to make that decision themselves there would be no need to bribe anyone.

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
13 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Killing people against their will is still going to be murder and therefore illegal so I'm not sure what relevance this has to folk who want to be euthanased.

My apologies for assuming you had the ability to make the logical link on this.

Nice attempt at backtracking. :lol

Your analogy was ridiculous. Your response to this being pointed out was hilarious. We move on.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
Nice attempt at backtracking. [emoji38]
Your analogy was ridiculous. Your response to this being pointed out was hilarious. We move on.
Everyone else reading the thread appears to have understood the exam of not allowing one doctor to sign this off as there is the odd "rogue" doctor out there.

I'm not getting into a tit for tat with you, there's enough of that on the other current threads during this international break.

And anyway, we know who the tit is...

17 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Everyone else reading the thread appears to have understood the exam of not allowing one doctor to sign this off as there is the odd "rogue" doctor out there.

I'm not getting into a tit for tat with you, there's enough of that on the other current threads during this international break.

And anyway, we know who the tit is...

Don't get me wrong. I admire anyone who can follow and interpret your wittering pish.

You made a mistake with your analogy. Just let it go.