The Purpose Of A Man.......

Bud the Baker

is to love a woman. :heart

Wayne Fontana (surely not his birth name) has died aged 74 from cancer, sadly he was troubled in later with financial & mental health problems - RIP.

Going all RockFamilyTrees his band The Minbenders featured Eric Stewart (later of 10CC) as an original member one of many Manchester based bands to do so...

From his wiki...

Birth name

Glyn Geoffrey ElliS

And...

Later years

In 2005, he fought off bankruptcy but was arrested after police were called by bailiffs who went to his home in Glossop, Derbyshire. He poured petrol onto the bonnet of a bailiff's car and set it alight with the bailiff still inside.[8][9] Fontana was remanded in custody on 25 May 2007. He later appeared at Derby Crown Court dressed as Lady Justice, complete with a sword, scales, crown, cape and dark glasses, and claiming "justice is blind".[10][11] He dismissed his lawyers.[12] On 10 November 2007 he was sentenced to 11 months for setting fire to the car but was released because he had already served the equivalent of the term, having been held under the Mental Health Act 1983.[13]

17 hours ago, antrin said:

From his wiki...

Birth name

Glyn Geoffrey ElliS

Checked the wiki and saw he had taken his surname from Elvis's drummer DJ, should've guessed that.

It's always weird to see Elvis & Buddy's sidemen reminiscing 'bout the old days - it's hard to match the liver spots with the sheer gusto of those early performances although as I approach my seventh decade I seem to empathize with the wrinkly versions more & more.....

Edited by Bud the Baker