Mcgowan Goal :o)

Sometimes, just sometimes I really do feel like throwing my hands up in the air and saying "lord I just don't care" but alas I do not feel like that today and even if I did that would not be a suitable topic of discussion for this very internet forum.

I do hope that all those who took part in the Saints aid match as featured above (and all the Saints aid matches and events) really enjoyed the experience.

One of my many "only wishes" is that I was afforded the opportunity to don the boots of football, run onto the playing field at our old Love street (or new ground at Greenhill road but I would have to have been born in a somewhat much more recent generation and in all likliehhod I would not have been the fine upstanding member of the community that I regard myself but a selfish, priveliged fandan like much of today's scruff) and play the fine game in the company of my heroes. One can only imagine the feeling of sheer delight one must have had when stroking the ball home in the very same goal that the great Dan McGarry scored against teams such as Third Lanark and the devilsh Greenock Morton.

Yes I look on to events such as Saints aid with a certian admiration but also a tinge of jealousy.

You youngsters really are lucky to have such access to our fine club!

Edited by TediousTom