Parts Of Websites Not Displaying?

southside saint

Hope this makes sense-

Sometimes on websites, there is an empty box with a small red x in the top right corner where there should be a picture, link or video. Doesn't happen that often but is causing me grief just now.

Anyone know the fix?

it's possibly the format that the pictures are posted in try windows update maybe.

Hope this makes sense-

Sometimes on websites, there is an empty box with a small red x in the top right corner where there should be a picture, link or video. Doesn't happen that often but is causing me grief just now.

Anyone know the fix?

More likely it's not your problem but that of the punter/org whose website you're looking at. Emsail them - especially if it's a pal who's trying to build a website...

If they've not loaded it up correctly or misnamed it in the link to wherever it's stored then the www won't be able to find what they've been been looking for.

Coders often add an alternate display if the pic is not showing so users won't be so baffled. Like - on a site I run, (about running, as it happens) if I have a foto of say... Farmer John... to show, then I'll add alt="farmer john" to the coding for that jpg. So that if I've screwed up the coding or somehow destroy or remove the foto, then the punter will be able to read what SHOULD have been there.

Hope this helps... :)

edit: 'emsail them'? either that or email....

Edited by chingford