Top Five Scottish Grounds You've Been To

Grounded

Aside from Love St and in no particular order......

Easter Road - great stadium, big without being insane and going to Edinburgh is always an experience. Let down only by the animals of a home support and the maze of streets to get to the ground. :blink:

Palmerston - modern facilities at a reasonable price in a town centre location. Everything you really want out of a ground. Great day out too being a good distance away without being stupid.

McDiarmid - Original and best of the purpose built 10k stadia. Still looks decent today, or it would if the seating colour pattern didn't look like what's left over in the lego parts bin. :lol:

Firhill - good rebuilt traditional ground, much like Love St in many ways. Close to us, good pubs in the area and a good home support.

Gayfield - basic and no short trip but on a good day, very possibly the best day out Scottish Fitba has to offer - covered terracing right next to the pitch makes it cheap and atmospheric to the point of Hinchy being put off his game by one Shuggie Robinson, and Quitongo's infamous pole dance. Plus good pubs and grub a stones throw away. Top class. :D

Not including Love Street...

Boghead - Dumbarton's old ground was the definition of "quaint"

Fir Park - even though my worst-ever experience at a football match (B&Q Cup Final) took place there, it's one of the best conversions around

Firhill - surrounded by good places for a pre- and post-match swallie

Easter Road - well, it's in Embra, innit...

Hampden - OK, I know it could have been done better but there's still something special about going there. Mainly because it's usually for a cup semi final or final :)

Gayfield - wind affected football, portaloos, seeing yer man Tennants lager down the front with a flag each time, random fan jumping the rail and warming up with Saints subs, Hinchcliffe "chipolata" abuse and the above-mentioned Jose Quitongo "pole dance"

The Canniepairt - Tayport's finest. Many a memory I have from that hallowed turf. Gettin on at 1/2 time to kick about with the players and all the lookalikes ie Hitler, the Doc, Laurel n Hardy to name but a few. Also me giving names to fans in my youth - manager guy, pram guy, mon the port guy, cathead. Good times!

Palmerston - Student discount and 2 mins from my Gran's house! Hung around there to see the dejected St J fans after the Saints v Dundee score filtered through!

East End Park - for the simple reason that the banter in the away section was awesome in 99/00 & 00/01. Quitongo nicking Sammy the Tammy's bike was the icing on the cake!

Tannadice - Hearts v United 1997, Jose Quitongo bullets a shot at Terry the Terror, which nearly kills him. (anyoen else noticing an Angolan pattern?) and "Jeffries gies a wave," answered surprisingly with a dour look...

*cue angora puns

1. The only all seated ground i like is Almondvale.

2. Cappielow - can't beat it for atmosphere on Derby Day , it was even better when we were in the Shed.

3. Firhill before we were shifted behind the Goals.

4. Fir Park before the seats killed the atmosphere. both sets of fans divided only by a fence. tremendous, especially February 1977.

5. Any Ground with single figure Admission Prices. :wink: