Saints On The Net

Crispian Crunchie

I've been fannying about on the internet for years now. My recollection is that Saints Online, set up and run by George Ewing (aka The Chief Looney) was the first St Mirren web presence/fansite. You may recall the old Guestbook.

Am I right ? Or were there others? I do also recall something called "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now", but that was post Saints Online.

Then there was arguably the best one, Div's "Sizzling Saints" which somehow transmogrified into the pish official site we have today. And finally Cyril, Black & White Army - the one we know and love today.

I remember the old Guestbook with fondness. None of yer "threads", just a continous stream of stuff, some good, some bad and some brilliant, but very rarely (unlike now) boring. Not a criticism of this site, more an observation.

I used to post occasionaly (Mad Max) and I remember guys like DC Saint, Bill Lees (whatever happened to him? :rolleyes: ) and other fine and funny posters.

I remember the old Guestbook with fondness. None of yer "threads", just a continous stream of stuff, some good, some bad and some brilliant, but very rarely (unlike now) boring. Not a criticism of this site, more an observation.

I used to post occasionaly (Mad Max) and I remember guys like DC Saint, Bill Lees (whatever happened to him? :rolleyes: ) and other fine and funny posters.

What about Yardleys Arse? - a feckin legend. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
I've been fannying about on the internet for years now. My recollection is that Saints Online, set up and run by George Ewing (aka The Chief Looney) was the first St Mirren web presence/fansite. You may recall the old Guestbook.

Am I right ? Or were there others? I do also recall something called "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now", but that was post Saints Online.

Then there was arguably the best one, Div's "Sizzling Saints" which somehow transmogrified into the pish official site we have today. And finally Cyril, Black & White Army - the one we know and love today.

My own memory is that Saints Online was the first site i discovered, around 1996 I think. 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now' was a site run by Alan Gallagher who gave it up not long after he was asked to write match reports for the official site. He also now writes match reports for the Scotland on Sunday, although can be any game not just Saints ones.

And yes can also remember sitting in the virtual Wee Barrel. It was nowhere near as good as the 1960s. :lol:

My own memory is that Saints Online was the first site i discovered, around 1996 I think. 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now' was a site run by Alan Gallagher who gave it up not long after he was asked to write match reports for the official site. He also now writes match reports for the Scotland on Sunday, although can be any game not just Saints ones.

And yes can also remember sitting in the virtual Wee Barrel. It was nowhere near as good as the 1960s. :lol:

The Virtual Wee Barrell used to be popular around lunchtimes. I seem to recall Donna (Kebabs) getting her pies out there.