What Can Be Done To Make This A Reality?

steve_the_saint

So now it's came to crunch time, we need a proper campaign to help push this through.

I don't think that 'word of mouth' is the only way to do it as REA said. If there's one criticism of the whole CIC process - it's poor PR and branding. What can we do, as fans, help sell the idea of fan ownership and make this a reality?

I'm going to suggest handing out flyers at the next couple of home games as a definite. The number of fans outwith the internet community who know little or nothing about the fan takeover could be as much as half our home support.

And as someone pointed out at tonight meeting, the information has to be simplified and easy to understand.

I also think the 10000hours website could have a big unmissable button on the homepage to sign up and make the whole process as quick and easy as possible. It would also help if there could be a postal application.

Any other ideas on how we can do more to push this through?

I think there are opportunities beyond the St Mirren support that come along to the stadium. The CIC offers much more. We need to break out of ourselves and take the Alex Ferguson loudhaler approach around Renfrewshire and let everyone know about the opportunity that Renfrewshire has before it. Apparently we have 100% approval around the Boards of Renfrewshire's Community Organsiations. These organisations have shitloads of supporters who will be passionate about the area, but won't be regular St Mirren fans. The 10000 hours slide that outlined the social return on investments was skimmed over tonight. I reckon taking that message to the wider St Mirren community will raise a lot more interst than trying to convince online aliases like somner9 or buddieuncool.

Let's identify the online forums for Renfrewshire's community orgs, political schlabber, historical blah,blah, etc and launch wee campaigns on them to raise awareness. Time to create some noise outside of tour own small community that is a very small percentage of the potential of Paisley. Who knows we might even encourage a few lapsed fans to come along to the games while we are at it.

I think there are opportunities beyond the St Mirren support that come along to the stadium. The CIC offers much more. We need to break out of ourselves and take the Alex Ferguson loudhaler approach around Renfrewshire and let everyone know about the opportunity that Renfrewshire has before it. Apparently we have 100% approval around the Boards of Renfrewshire's Community Organsiations. These organisations have shitloads of supporters who will be passionate about the area, but won't be regular St Mirren fans. The 10000 hours slide that outlined the social return on investments was skimmed over tonight. I reckon taking that message to the wider St Mirren community will raise a lot more interst than trying to convince online aliases like somner9 or buddieuncool.

Let's identify the online forums for Renfrewshire's community orgs, political schlabber, historical blah,blah, etc and launch wee campaigns on them to raise awareness. Time to create some noise outside of tour own small community that is a very small percentage of the potential of Paisley. Who knows we might even encourage a few lapsed fans to come along to the games while we are at it.

With the reduced corporate/community rates we should also try to identify small community groups who may now want to get involved. Facebook/twitter campaigns have been sucessful in raising awareness of certain issues.

Then there's celebrity fans like Dougie Vipond, Chic Young (?), Chris Brookmyre etc if some of them were to get involved it could help raise the profile.

There's a post up on the Paisley facebook and I've shunted it up on the World Soccer Daily (or is it world football) one yet again, plus UEFA. There must be a journalist who can get a story up on Fox Sports etc. Hopefully Fitzy can contact the likes of Paul Lambert or Stevie Clarke and get a wee snippet.

Months ago I flagged up the lack of any real attempt to engage the wider St.Mirren support in regards to joining the CIC - leafleting; using club databases; programme features; etc. Needless to say, Sid gave me a load of grief for such "bawbaggery".

We have enough SMFC folk in the press (print , TV, radio) to give the whole thing a better platform for communication. Leaflets at games; mailing the Lotto database; mailing the B&WMag database; mailing the advertisers/corporate hospitality bookings for the last 24 months; etc. - all easily achievable.

I've also given Richard the details of some low friends in high places that could also see the CIC concept get a bit of national publicity to the fitba fraternity.

Slight concern is that in the economic climate, the run-up to Xmas is psychologically not the best time to approach people for extra spending ideas (even if the £ doesn't impact until 2012)

On the flip side, Sid does have a good point re: community. For this to really work, the wider (non-SMFC) community need to be hooked in. Given the bad track record of PR with even the club's own supporters, I would suggest that 10,000Hours utilise the services of a PR company to address getting the Renfrewshire Community on board.

Good for you Big Fras your right in that the PR machines needs to be put into full swing on a much larger scale than it has so far.

Have said it a few times on here now that the economic climate has brought down the price of property. Many companies are not making the money they were a couple of years ago.

A good negotiator needs to sit down with the selling consortium and get the price down. Surly there is something to play with to help get the price down.

Stewart Gilmour and co need to be a bit more realistic on what funds can be raised in this economic climate.

The selling consortium are ‘St Mirren Supporters’ they must make it easier for this take over which after all is going to safe guard the club for generations to come.

Is that not the ultimate goal of the selling consortium ?