Proper Process

Guest somner9

Guest somner9

There is a line in the twitter feed from the meeting on 30th November that if I am reading it correctly will cause enourmous and totally unnecessary difficulty to the prospect of landing the 10000 hours IPS bid. the line is:

Quote:"Timelne; Before Christmas we will garner the level of interest and pull this together with the funding agreed and make an offer."

The words highlighted are at present the biggest obstacle to success for this proposal.

10000 hours have lost much credibility and perhaps faith in their unusual addiction to handing out hopelessly unachievable deadlines. The idea that all support, interest, local influence, trebling of pledges, meeting the shortfall on £2m willl all be achieved in three weeks is not realistic, and could scupper the proposal.

By all means and i mean all means canvass every man, woman and child in renfrewshire to support the proposal, encourage those that can to pledge to "own and win" our club, get all the kids signed up as the free junior members, hit every shopping centre, school, business, shop, care home, pub, hotel, sports club, council venue etc to hand out pledge forms, flags, posters, badges,windscreen stickers and talk it up.

Then use all of that as leverage!!! i'll say no more on open forum, but for christs sake don't go in half cock and blow it.

There is a line in the twitter feed from the meeting on 30th November that if I am reading it correctly will cause enourmous and totally unnecessary difficulty to the prospect of landing the 10000 hours IPS bid. the line is:

Quote:"Timelne; Before Christmas we will garner the level of interest and pull this together with the funding agreed and make an offer."

The words highlighted are at present the biggest obstacle to success for this proposal.

10000 hours have lost much credibility and perhaps faith in their unusual addiction to handing out hopelessly unachievable deadlines. The idea that all support, interest, local influence, trebling of pledges, meeting the shortfall on £2m willl all be achieved in three weeks is not realistic, and could scupper the proposal.

By all means and i mean all means canvass every man, woman and child in renfrewshire to support the proposal, encourage those that can to pledge to "own and win" our club, get all the kids signed up as the free junior members, hit every shopping centre, school, business, shop, care home, pub, hotel, sports club, council venue etc to hand out pledge forms, flags, posters, badges,windscreen stickers and talk it up.

Then use all of that as leverage!!! i'll say no more on open forum, but for christs sake don't go in half cock and blow it.

I think we're all in agreement that setting a time we'd like done by is not the best way to see it achieved. The issue is, we're in a competition situation and there are other bids that won't hang about forever. I think the timescale may have been suggested by others outside the CiC process as opposed to within. But that is PURE speculation on my part...

Edited by ktf

Guest somner9

I think we're all in agreement that setting a time we'd like done by is not the best way to see it achieved. The issue is, we're in a competition situation and there are other bids that won't hang about forever. I think the timescale may have been suggested by others outside the CiC process as opposed to within. But that is PURE speculation on my part...

KTF there is a commodity available to 10000 hours IPS bid which if harnessed and used effectively is worth so much more than the asking price, that commodity will allow time and careful consideration on both sides and is something competing bids do not have.

I think it is a good and valid point that firstly 10000Hours should be very careful now about setting public deadlines. The quest for transparency in the past proved to be it's undoing a wee bit as deadlines came and went and credibility was lost.

Secondly it does not serve anyone well if the process is rushed.

I perhaps gave the wrong impression when tweeting from the meeting the other night that putting in an offer by xmas was the goal, I personally can't see how that would even be possible but I think certainly the aim from Thursday was to really put a lot of energy into kickstarting some momentum which was definitely lost through the period of silence going back to the summer.

there certainly appears to be some good ideas and enthusiasm just now for the new approach although without centralised organisation it will soon become a farce.

10000 hours has to keep us informed on a daily basis what they need the fans to do if they are indeed looking to put something together before christmas. someone like st.sid should be charged with organising and being the point of focus for the support.

there certainly appears to be some good ideas and enthusiasm just now for the new approach although without centralised organisation it will soon become a farce.

Totally agree. It is one thing having a collection of people willing to help out and do stuff, but everyone can't charge around without direction. 10000Hours needs strong leadership to succeed.

Guest somner9

I think it is a good and valid point that firstly 10000Hours should be very careful now about setting public deadlines. The quest for transparency in the past proved to be it's undoing a wee bit as deadlines came and went and credibility was lost.

Secondly it does not serve anyone well if the process is rushed.

I perhaps gave the wrong impression when tweeting from the meeting the other night that putting in an offer by xmas was the goal, I personally can't see how that would even be possible but I think certainly the aim from Thursday was to really put a lot of energy into kickstarting some momentum which was definitely lost through the period of silence going back to the summer.

Glad to hear that on deadlines and offer by christmas. the potential leverage of support/fan power/vibe will prove invaluable in steering both parties in the bid process to be seen to be doing the right thing by the club and support.

someone like st.sid should be charged.......

innocent until proven guilty. tongue.png

I'm maxed out at the moment evil_panda. I had a wee job to do along with some other supporters after the meeting on Wednesday night...but I was at an event until stupid o'clock and then up in schnek first thing this morning and just got back - so I let the guys down on not the most difficult task. More than happy to be a cheerleader for whatever you guys are planning and will help out with the flyers tomorrow. We do need guys that can devote a bit of time over the next few weeks to step up though. Looking at the positivity regarding the new proposals it looks like they will get everyones' support.