Childhood Holidays

faraway saint

Sorry for the tardy response, but....

"Still hoping"?

What for? A tsunami?

I suppose a tsunami at Saltcoats would have been like Saddam Hussein's scud missile that accidentally hit Parkhead and carried out £6m. of improvements. Sorry, Saltcoats, only kidding.

Still hoping for a sea view from my front window while I watch the countless hundreds of hours of videos and DVD's of all St.Mirren's cup final wins.

Mostly right.

The rail terminus, old fish pier, dead ferry slipway, fish processing factory, official sheds/buildings, bus garage, oil storage...

But... At the rail station, the best, freshest sea-food restaurant on earth. Scallops/prawns caught an hour earlier delivered by the catcher to his wife's restaurant and ... Have you ever had a fresh, uncooked scallop? Succulent, tender... And much sweeter than cooked.

It has its shining positives. smile.png

I've always quite liked Kyle of Lochalsh. Not the prettiest place in Scotland but not bad. Used the hotel regularly, though not for many years now, and always thought it was reasonable value. Your seafood place sounds the biz. I haven't actually eaten a raw scallop but they barely need any cooking anyway.

In a couple of weeks we introduce our 2 youngest granddaughters to the joy of Seaton Sands caravan park and The Tiger Club.

The circle of life. thumbup2.gif

Will Tiger Tim be there ?