Words .... For Wordsmiths.

RickMcD

There's an App called words which I imagine a few of us at least play. It's a bit like Scrabble and quite good fun. You can play with a few people at the same time. If you think you have a word but you're not sure it is actually a word you can enter it and it tells you whether it's acceptable or not. Anyway my lady wife asked me on Saturday if there was such a thing as a fud. I was a bit taken aback as I think it's fair to say that we both know at least one fud fairly intimately. My daughter was playing Words with my wife and had used fud and it was accepted. I used another word for fud which got her mad and she said of course she knew THAT meaning for fud but she didn't think it should be acceptable. So of course I googled it and just loved the words the urban dictionary came up with. And if you're familiar with the urban dictionary, the example of a sentence with the word fud in it is a cracker. Well worth looking up.

A word of warning. If you start playing Words, it can get very addictive. Words is good . And ,Bluto, that wee sentence is dead good Inglish!