Buy To Let. Tories Deserve Some Credit Here

oaksoft

He's done it again, posted something to prove himself wrong.

See the bit you actually quoted saying over 9%

Is that actually 9% as you claimed or more than 9% that I wrote?

Your the gift that keeps on giving.

Nice bit of straw clutching. However what you failed to notice is that the quoted news reports are nearly two weeks old and with the government drip feeding between 1% and 2% per month onto the market particularly when the price is buoyant I'd venture I'm still more right than you.

Go on, show us the proof that the UK taxpayer only holds 9% of shares.

I'm going to say we the UK taxpayer has a larger number than that.

Where's #thichasfcuk to help him out?

Repeating an inaccuracy doesn't make it right.

Well not in the real world.

C'mon #thichasfcuk, help him out.

It's mid-week, work it out for yourself.

:)

So what were you suggesting then LoganSMFC when you said they should get first option on it? How would a local authority finance it? And how would the purchase price be derived if it's not open to sale on the open market?

Yeah they should i think though not too sure on the finance bit. Theres usually always a way to raise some cash or shift budget.

Im not claiming to know it all but what i do know is that the council house options are very limited and it would be good to see them stock up.

Guest TPAFKATS

Remind us who are the major shareholders in RBS, Nat West, Lloyds, BoS, Halifax?

I'm asking who owns the vast majority of shares in the banks I mentioned. Seemed straightforward enough the first time I asked it?

Funnily enough we're still waiting on Tony Soprano's revelation on who holds the "vast majority" of shares in Lloyds. I can hardly contain my excitement of this world exclusive. Go on Tony don't keep us waiting......:rolleyes:

Even a thick trolling twat like Dickson should be able to spot where he has went wrong?

I'll give you a clue - plural.

Then read what they actually say. They could be, if they actually sell any. Have they actually sold any since the article I quoted. I'll give you a clue, stop digging.

Its just like the imaginary oil price you dreamt about all over again.

f**k me. Follow your own advice fannybaws. Use Google, find the articles I've quoted and you'll discover that JP Morgan has flogged loads more shares in Lloyds for the UK taxpayer especially since Lloyd shares have been trading above break even price.

You're the one digging and jumping in the hole and burying yourself in waste products. Its been a car crash thread for the forum Natsis and you're only proving your ignorance

The gift keeps on giving.

http://www.cityam.com/236085/lloyds-share-price-bounce-back-prompts-sale-restart-speculation

attachicon.gif1457546068458.jpg

Now what was the price you said the shares had to reach before they were sold?

Am i correct in saying it was 73.6p

A price that hasn't been reached in 2016

Yes indeed, the gift that keeps on giving. Here's a wee excersize for you. Do a search on the LSE website for UKFI under LLOY and you will see the UK governments actual percentage shareholding in Lloyds. You don't need to do sums, it's their in black and white for you. It's listed as 9.00% exactly. You'll need to do the search yourself as I am on my tablet and it's not letting me grab the URL but it shouldn't be difficult - even a daft pipefitter like me could work it out.

Interestingly there is no majority shareholder at Lloyds. I say interestingly in a somewhat ironic fashion because of course I already knew this. Tony Soprano's promise of news of an amazing new takeover at the bank appears to have failed to transpire. I see he talked this morning about plurality before disappearing back up his own arsehole. I'm guessing that's cause he eventually realised that we are only talking about 2 banks - Lloyds and RBS. BoS and Halifax have long since been incorporated into the Lloyds Banking Group and as shown the UK taxpayer only owns 9% of the shares there.

Mmmmm

http://www.lse.co.uk/regulatory-news-article.asp?ArticleCode=63wegwpq&ArticleHeadline=Annual_Financial_Report

To quote,

UK government

In January 2009, the UK government through HM Treasury became a related party of the Company following its subscription for ordinary shares issued under a placing and open offer. As at 31 December 2015, HM Treasury held an interest of 9.14 per cent in the Company's ordinary share capital, with its interest having fallen below 20 per cent on 11 May 2015. As a consequence of HM Treasury no longer being considered to have a significant influence, it ceased to be a related party of the Company for IAS 24 purposes at that date.

And I've already explained the rest regarding the non sale of shares below the price YOU quoted.

Now I've provided the actual proof again, I'll await for you to disappear again and conveniently forget getting found out.

Do you know what I love about this? You've tried so hard to save some face today after yesterday claiming that the 9% figure was a load of shite and after a day of hard searching all you've managed to come up with is that the UK Government owned 9.14% of the shares in Lloyds 10 weeks ago. And here you are trying desperately to claim a moral victory. Does a 9.14% shareholding make the UK Government a "vast majority shareholder" in Lloyds Banking Group? Does it save Tony Soprano's point in any way? Does it back up LoganSMFC's case for getting the Scottish Government to have "first call" on all repossessions to allow them to build up social housing stock? Does it save face for Oaksoft after his countless ridiculous statements about mortgages that simply proved he hasn't got a clue when it comes to domestic finance? Does it validate your ridiculous and unfounded allegation earlier in the thread that suggested there may have been a reason I'm no longer involved in youth football - when in fact I am still very much involved in the game and the only reason for a break was the fact that my son had stopped playing?

I'll save you the bother of Googling the answer.....no it doesn't. It also doesn't prove your point about how many shares the UK Government owns today in Lloyds Banking Group - and if you don't mind I would much rather take the LSE figures accurate to yesterday over the Lloyds Banking Group Annual Report which shows figures accurate to the 31st of December 2015.

European Central Bank has just cut interest rates to zero.

I wonder whether the BofE will follow suit.

I have had a tracker mortgage set at 0.69% above base rate for over a decade. Has anyone managed a better rate than that?

I already have some other banks partially paying my mortgage with rates of between 3-5% on my savings.

Bring on another cut in BofE base rate I say!

I am in early stages of buying a second and a third property with the purpose of using them as Buy To Lets and if I'm honest I'm only really considering doing it cause it annoys Oaksoft whistling.gif