Whisky Nights At The Artisan, Wishaw - 2017

Stuart Dickson

I talked on here around October / November time about the excellent Whisky Nights that are hosted at the Artisan Restaurant in Wishaw several times a year. The owner has just released the dates for this years events. If anyone is interested I'd advise getting booked up as soon as possible as these events fill completely often up to one year in advance

Hi folks these are the dates you have been waiting for 
The whisky nights in Artisan restaurant for 2017 are

February the 22nd ( hosted by North Star Spirits new exciting Glasgow based independent bottler)

April the 19th ( hosted by the Creative Whisky Company another fantastic independent bottler)
This is the second whisky night from them ( that good we wanted another night with them)

June the 14th T B C

August the 16th ( hosted by Morrison and MaKay ltd another fantastic independent bottler first time for them at Artisan hopefully not their last )

October the 11th T B C

November the 22nd T B C

All the whisky nights consist of a four course meal and 6 drams and cost £40 per person and are ticket only the tickets can be bought from the restaurant

Once we get more details for the nights that have still to be confirmed we will post it on here 
Many thanks chef and we look forward to seeing you at the whisky nights 
Slainte mhath chef

Wishaw is awfully far away.  I travelled as far as Johnstone for liquor once and I managed to return home safely. Even in the days of the bona fide traveller I never travelled that far for alcohol on a Sunday!!!!!

Also I wouldnt manage the journey home without urinating.

Right Im away for a pish!

8 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Wishaw is awfully far away.  I travelled as far as Johnstone for liquor once and I managed to return home safely. Even in the days of the bona fide traveller I never travelled that far for alcohol on a Sunday!!!!!

Also I wouldnt manage the journey home without urinating.

Right Im away for a pish!

I think it's all on Wednesday's Tom. But don't worry. Recently I've had to travel by train quite a lot and they appear to have toilets on board these days. 

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Must admit like trying new drams. Local hotel would be needed. Been to the whisky Society in Edinburgh food is disappointing reminds me of training days at college. Whisky is endless however great place. 

Yeah I've been to the Whisky Society too. I've got to be honest I liked both places, but the food is better at the Artisan and it's not just numbers that you are drinking, it's identifiable brands that you can go out and buy after the event if you really like them. There's not many hotels in Wishaw. The Commercial - the bar across the road from the Artisan - has some rooms which my friends told me were actually quite nice when they went there in November,. A better bet is Motherwell or Hamilton. It'll cost more to get there in a taxi but you've got The Moorings, Dakota, Alona Hotel, Holiday Inn Express etc, etc. 

25 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Yeah I've been to the Whisky Society too. I've got to be honest I liked both places, but the food is better at the Artisan and it's not just numbers that you are drinking, it's identifiable brands that you can go out and buy after the event if you really like them. There's not many hotels in Wishaw. The Commercial - the bar across the road from the Artisan - has some rooms which my friends told me were actually quite nice when they went there in November,. A better bet is Motherwell or Hamilton. It'll cost more to get there in a taxi but you've got The Moorings, Dakota, Alona Hotel, Holiday Inn Express etc, etc. 

Cheers Stuart.