faraway saint

Farewell Caroline Flack

You're relaying hearsay as some sort of reason. default_laugh.png

OK, all I can say is that in many cases of a domestic things get out of hand by both parties, the police arrive and both parties agree it was a storm in a tea cup.

That'll do for me your honour. default_bye1.gif

It seems it’s okay for women to perpetrate violence against their partners

One of my mates was attacked by his partner on several occasions, including stabbing him with a knife.

He filmed her final attack on him and phoned the police. She was arrested, charged and went to court.

Despite the film evidence it was found not proven.

It’s all just a big laugh if men are on the receiving end of it

What girl?

Who are you and why are you talking to me?
Personally, I can't stop laughing at you having a go at me because I didn't know who Caroline Flack was dating.

Who can't stop laughing at who having a go at who because who didn't know who who was dating?

9 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

It seems it’s okay for women to perpetrate violence against their partners

One of my mates was attacked by his partner on several occasions, including stabbing him with a knife.

He filmed her final attack on him and phoned the police. She was arrested, charged and went to court.

Despite the film evidence it was found not proven.

It’s all just a big laugh if men are on the receiving end of it

You made that up. 

You don't have any mates. 😜

Edited by faraway saint

Do you know who this alleged assault, which she denied, was against?
Do you know what this alleged victim has said since and was unwilling to support any prosecution? 
Run along. 
That's the type of speak we hear from women in an abusive relationship.
Fame and celebrity status was what she seeked.

There's a few parts to this that are shite

Firstly it's shite that she battered her ex-partner with a lamp when he was sleeping, no getting away from that

Secondly, this "outrage culture" that only seems to apply to the general public. There has been very little "outrage" in the traditional media about the way this lady was hounded - by the media. The Daily Mail were posting pictures earlier of her ex-partner sitting on his own, crying. How shite is that?

If I started following around someone with a camera - whose ex partner had just died, I'd rightly be called a dick - why do the paps get off with it?

It also seems a bit shite that the CPS chose not to press charges, the ex-partner chose not to press charges - yet "senior police" insisted that the CPS press charges because of her profile. Court of public opinion seems to be leaking into actual law, which is pretty shite for everyone involved

5 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I didn't think it was possible for the police to force the CPS to do that.

Yeah I thought so too. Read it on the daily mail (:green) site earlier, weird one

It was claimed that the Crown Prosecution Service initially decided not to charge Miss Flack with assaulting her boyfriend last December, but senior police officers are said to have pressed for a charging decision; 

Miss Flack was allegedly tormented over the idea of a jury being shown police 'bodycam' footage taken during the night of the alleged assault;

ITV bosses continued to hold high-level crisis talks about the future of Love Island, although staff on the programme have been told the show is safe;

Contestants on the current series have still not been told of Miss Flack's death, although crew described the mood on set as 'on the floor' and 'incredibly low';

It emerged Miss Flack flew to Barcelona with a friend a week before her death, with the friend releasing photographs of her during the holiday.

10 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I didn't think it was possible for the police to force the CPS to do that.

It's strange. 

My understanding was that the position on this type of thing differed between England and Scotland in that in England you could withdraw a complaint after the police had got involved but not in Scotland. 

I wouldn't say "pressing" would be the same as "insisting". Pressing would be pressuring without being able to force while insisting would be pressuring with the ability to force. In my opinion, of course. Looks to me like the CPS caved. Then again, I could be wrong about all of that.

13 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

I wouldn't say "pressing" would be the same as "insisting". Pressing would be pressuring without being able to force while insisting would be pressuring with the ability to force. In my opinion, of course. Looks to me like the CPS caved. Then again, I could be wrong about all of that. emoji38.png

the words "it was claimed" and "police are said" are a bit of a giveaway that this is made up by a journalist