Nicky Campbell

stlucifer

It's disgusting what happened to  this man when he was going through his formative years but I feel there is some things that need to be asked as to looking after his welfare.

He said his mother, and, by association, I assume his dad, did as much as they could by "earning a grovelling apology". NO they f'n didn't. Nicky. THEY let you down as much as your hoy poloy school. If it were my kid, I would have had the kid out of there and possibly even organised a castration party for the teachers in question. I would have been at the police. 

The prestige of their kid in a private school possibly stopped them going too far. This happened to so many kids in that era and, contrary to what is being reported, it was well known in those priveleged schools.

Edited by stlucifer

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

It's disgusting what happened to  this man when he was going through his formative years but I feel there is some things that need to be asked as to looking after his welfare.

He said his mother, and, by association, I assume his dad, did as much as they could by "earning a grovelling apology". NO they f'n didn't. Nicky. THEY let you down as much as your hoy poloy school. If it were my kid, I would have had the kid out of there and possibly even organised a castration party for the teachers in question. I would have been at the police. 

The prestige of their kid in a private school possibly stopped them going too far. This happened to so many kids in that era and, contrary to what is being reported, it was well known in those priveleged schools.

I listened to him speaking about it this afternoon, the incident that his mother got the “grovelling apology “ for was related to physical abuse (corporal punishment) from a teacher. The incidents that he witnessed around sexual assault of other pupils was never reported, therefore his parents and school were never aware. As regards privileged schools, sexual abuse was and is still a major child protection concern across the social spectrum. With most perpetrators either being a family member or close family friend. 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT