Glasgow Rat City

Almost 7000 rat sightings reported in Glasgow amid waste crisis fear | STV News

Stranglers gigs and the institutions of the east and west ends aside, Glasgow has always had a rodent problem.  The council are getting the blame but surely the residents can pull their weight.  I used to work in Catchart and my cycle back to the city centre highlighted some pretty shitty environments around Govanhill and surrounding areas and it ws almost all domestic waste just lobbed out the dooor or window by residents.  Working up in Charing cross now and to be honest, it is deteriorating as well.

Perhaps if people took a bit more care about their homes, pavements, communities, roads and countryside there would not be such a huge problem. Our council taxes would not be as high if people just cleaned up after themselves. 

I’ve often heard that tourists visit our country to say “how lovely the scenery is but why do your people leave Scotland in such a mess?”

What a sad indictment. The cleanest place I’ve ever visited was Singapore. Needless to say they have introduced strict laws that are enforced. 

Tourism is such a vital part of our country. Many visitors never return because it’s so littered.

We should all be looking after it. 

• 3 months later...