Sin Bin News Thread

faraway saint

17 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

So Canada & Wales aren't countries. 😂

Having lost one aunt to alcohol abuse I'm glad that my other aunt and uncle realised they were so close to following her to the grave. They both abstained for over 30 years living a good life.

So I know it's not just pricing that'll work but also education.

Also remembering that you failed to mention the reduction in hospital admissions.

Here's a more comprehensive report.

University of Glasgow study indicates a 13.4% reduction in deaths, and a 4.1% reduction in hospital admissions wholly attributable to alcohol consumption in the first two and a half years after MUP was introduced in May 2018. The report also concludes the policy had reduced deaths and hospital admissions where alcohol consumption may have been a factor.

Researchers say they are confident there is a link between the introduction of MUP and the reduction in alcohol health harms. They also noted there had been significant reductions in deaths in areas of deprivation, suggesting MUP has helped reduce inequalities in alcohol-attributable deaths in Scotland.

Don’t shoot the messenger, I am quoting the Scottish government via a bbc article about being the first country to implement MUP. It’s also worth being mindful that deaths directly related to alcohol rose last. 

21 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Don’t shoot the messenger, I am quoting the Scottish government via a bbc article about being the first country to implement MUP. It’s also worth being mindful that deaths directly related to alcohol rose last. 

A FACT which completely outweighs all the other "whataboutery" that's being presented, and believed by some, as FACTS. 

• 1 month later...

The untouchable NHS continue to piss money away at an alarming rate on legal bills settling negligence case made against them.

While the general public continue to pump money in and the waiting lists get longer and longer.

According to the disclosures, the total funds allocated to deal with outstanding and estimated claims comes to around £86 billion, almost two-thirds of NHS England’s entire annual budget for the financial year 2018-19 of £129 billion. To defend these cases, the public healthcare provider might incur associated legal costs as high as £4.3 billion. These startling figures include existing unsettled claims, along with the projected estimates for future cases.

https://www.nhsnegligence.co.uk/nhs-faces-4-3bn-legal-bill-for-clinical-negligence-claims/#:~:text=Alarmingly for its bosses%2C the,medical negligence cases against it.

Posted (edited)

Never realised iSIS were still on the go never mind capable of this deep in the heart of Russia. The USA had made the Russians aware that an attack was imminent but Putin being Putin, an power crazy lunatic, ignored the warning. -_-

ISIS claims responsibility for attack at Moscow-area concert venue that left at least 60 dead

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/03/22/europe/crocus-moscow-shooting/index.html

Edited by faraway saint

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Never realised iSIS were still on the go never mind capable of this deep in the heart of Russia. The USA had made the Russians aware that an attack was imminent but Putin being Putin, an power crazy lunatic, ignored the warning. -_-

ISIS claims responsibility for attack at Moscow-area concert venue that left at least 60 dead

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/03/22/europe/crocus-moscow-shooting/index.html

The death toll, unsurprisingly when you see the footage, continues to rise.

Last I read 115 innocents had lost their lives.

Putin continues to be Putin and try's to deflect the blame onto Ukraine. 

Pity they didn't shoot him, do the world a favour.