Top 5,4,3,2,1 Glasgow Venues

whosyirdaddy

Which venue would you say is the best for live gigs/concerts  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No you didn't. 

When I saw Morrissey at PTH is was on SEPTEMBER the 2nd. 

However he did play the SECC last month (which I also attended)

I know i know, i noticed but couldn't be arsed editing my post again. Wasn't at the SECC gig cos i try to avoid gigs in that soulless barn.

Paisley gig was great though, for a youngster like myself (i'm 21), i never thought i'd ever hear Morrisey sing 'How soon is Now? or 'There is a light that never goes out' and to see him from about 4 feet was bloody brilliant.

Got Mercury Rev tickets yesterday, first time i'll have seen them so can't wait. :D

Most venues mentioned above are good but how could the fruit market be missed out which is another great venue tut tut ! !

SSEC has got to be the worst however if you stand whithin the 50ft mark of the stage the sound is not too bad. Anything past 50ft the sound is terrible.

My top two favs are Carling Acadamy which has great acoustics no matter where you are sitting or standing for that matter. The fact that the bar has live coverage on large plasma screens means you miss nothing of the gig. Like a smaller Green's Playhouse with better acoustics

QMU..Another great gig venu, up close and in your face , turn it up :D

C'mon Tom :rolleyes: Whats happening to the Appolo :P

Nah .... Seriously the reason I thought about and did start this thread was because Ive been to many gig's small & large @ many different venues small & large... For example..

I went to see a band called Pacifica (if thats how its spelt) a few years back (few guys from Paisley in the band) and I thought they were brilliant and the venue was ideal for them. The venue being King Tuts.. Went to see many bands inbetween that and before it for that matter... oh and after that#

BUT I not so long ago went to see Keane @ The Barrowlands and thought they were total class .... even better than they are live (Tom Chaplin stole the show) But I thought the Barras was a sh*t venue.....

Since telling everyone this no one has agreed that the Barrowlands is a sh*te venue... So hence the reason I started this thread...

SO NOW GET BACK TO THE THREAD FOLKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.- I was mad with it at the Keane gig but I wasnt mad enough not to think the Barras was a sh*t venue for that particular gig... Oh and I better add I choose Braehead (although Weller slated it I thought it was great for both his gig and the Oasis one).... Who choose the Armadillo because that would have been another favourite of mine

My mate Paul was in Pacifica for a while on keyboards, before they made it bigger (they got a mention in the REcord once), if it's the same band.

I think Tuts and the QMU are great, Barrowlands is best for me, prob anywhere actually.

Mansun in QMU was great, as were Throwing Muses and Lamb at the same venue, superb.

My fave Tuts gig is, rather bizarrely, Irish legends Aslan. Was supposed to go there to see 18 Wheeler the night Oasis jumped on and were discovered by Alan McGhee, but stayed in. Doh.