• Latest Topics

• Didn't he also draw a salary as scottish con-servative leader I'd imagine that that there is a case for checking possible double-claims from the SFA and the public purse
    • Sure have, I completely reject the idea most (or even many) people using food banks are just getting comfortable with their handouts though. It’s an awful standard of life, to live at or below the poverty line. Surely you could attest to that? Different time or otherwise.    However, remember again these often aren’t people that aren’t working, scrounging benefits & refusing to help themselves. It’s also hardworking people with families in professional jobs. Nurses, teachers, social workers have all been reported using food banks. That was almost unheard of before 2010   But I do agree with the premise of supporting people to support themselves. It kinda goes full circle to the impacts the governments we elect have.   Even before the pandemic, local government funding was cut in real terms by around 50% between 2010-2020 Adult skills funding in England was cut by 35% over the same period.  Job centre+ & work programmes were scaled back Now a lot of that is England but I’m always surprised when the penny doesn’t drop that the devolved administrations need to do similar things because their funding gets cut from Westminster.   Blaming the SNP & Labour in Wales for not being able to deliver the same with far less money is absurd. Still, devolution remains a nice wee comfort blanket for those that don’t do their research. 
    • I suppose what it really all boils down to is my original post (don’t put your faith in politics etc) don’t hang around waiting for help as it might not come, help yourself by working as it’s the best way out of poverty. If you wait for the government/ quangos etc to help you run the risk of wearing the cloak of victim hood which can be difficult to take of again.    Anyhow, I though the SNP had done away with children going hungry with the extra child benefit payments in Scotland and the bedroom tax subsidy?   
  • Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.