Top 5 Away Venues

davidg

Good thread.

1 - Ayr - Has the lot, and only a short journey away :D

2 - Anywhere in Fife...will never be the same going through there now tho :(

3 - Arbroath - Like Ayr, but more mental & further away

4 - Dumfries - Excellent choice of pubs

5 - Brechin - The pub with a bog where you can piss on a TV set :lol:

Trips up the A9 to Sneck & Dingwall are a great experience too, but quickly get tiresome.

1. Ayr - Train journey, pubs, on the park after Mcknight's goal, pubs, train journey home

2. Stranraer - See above ( minus on the park )

3. Edinburgh - Train journey, choice of entertainment in the Grassmarket

4. Plastic Whistle - Easy to get to, choice of pubs

5. Glenavon 1995 - those who were there know what I mean

A slight drink problem it would appear.

B)B)B)

Visits to the 'homes' of the Highland league mobs are far from good away days, due to the crap facilities offered at the grounds to visitors, the demise of the Thistle Club and the mindset of officialdom (the Hamish McRefs and the officers of the law)up there...............

192585[/snapback]

Personally I thought Vicky Park offered decent facilities to visiting fans. And giong on my experience at Love Street last season anything would be better. :P

Seriously though-whats so bad about Vicky Park?

Edited by Rowan RCFC

Personally I thought Vicky Park offered decent facilities to visiting fans. And giong on my experience at Love Street last season anything would be better. :P

Seriously though-whats so bad about Vicky Park?

192586[/snapback]

We need a roof over that away terrace. Bottom Line. Been asking some of your fellow supporters for some time now as to just when you're gonnae build a decent away stand there....?

Heard some plans to upgrade the place to SPL standard, any idea when they'd be taking place?

We had plans last year but they were shelfed due to finances. I doubt that the will happen this season as we are trying to reduce the wage bill and claw back the debts slightly, hence the new chairman last season. If we get our house in order and we are seriously contending then they may reappear later in the season.

We had plans last year but they were shelfed due to finances. I doubt that the will happen this season as we are trying to reduce the wage bill and claw back the debts slightly, hence the new chairman last season. If we get our house in order and we are seriously contending then they may reappear later in the season.

192595[/snapback]

I see. Well I suppose if all else fails and you were to win the league at least you could share with ICT given what happened last year........ :lol:

We need a roof over that away terrace.  Bottom Line.  Been asking some of your fellow supporters for some time now as to just when you're gonnae build a decent away stand there....?

192594[/snapback]

Saints fans get allocated about half the main stand up there so if you want a roof over your head why don't you go in there?

Saints fans get allocated about half the main stand up there so if you want a roof over your head why don't you go in there?

192763[/snapback]

Partly because I like standing when given the option (as the County fans at Vicky Park can do under cover in the Jail End), partly because I think paying £14 for entrance to that stand (as it was last season) is a bit much.

Even the terracing was £12.......... :o

yeah it is a little pricey-but not as bad as the saintees.........

our pies are no bad though!

192765[/snapback]

Very true - the Fake Saints and the Moanin', Greetin', Whingin', Bairns took the total ripoff award last season.

I imagine North Sea Saint will come up with a few jokes about pie now.......... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...