Top Fav Bands Of Buds

The Sandman

Normal people who follow the ' Buds' should be into , The Clash, Pistols, Damned, Vibrators, Rush, Cockney Rejects, Magazine, Buzzcocks, Undertones, Ramones. AC/DC, Motorhead,SLF, Aztec Camera, Gun, Slide,Close Lobsters, The Manics, The Alarm, BAD 1&2 ,Oasis, Hanoi Rocks,The Happy Mondays, The Farm, The Stone Roses, Hole, Angelic Upstarts, The Beat, Be Bop Deluxe, Mott the Hoople, Mick Ronson,Thin Lizzy,The Stray Cats,Theatre of Hate,The Skids, Big Country,The Smiths , The Great Man's solo work and the Rez/v/illos.

I forgot 'the Jesus and Mary Chain' , 'NEVER UNDERSTAND' the greatest Scottish tune of all time.

Edited by BongoVonBudvarStoneColdRockPump

Led Zeppelin,Jimi Hendrix Experience,Frank Zappa,Neil Young,Joni Mitchell,Nick Drake,SLF,Nirvana,Red Hot Chilli Peppers,Black Crowes,Metallica,Foo Fighters,Fun Lovin' Criminals,etc.Obviously.

Hmmm a diverse selection from the musical spectrum just going to show that Saints fans are indeed eclectic, broad minded and most of all...incredibly tasteful!

Can I add more recently the White Stripes and the Vines (I know noo wave/punk throwbacks but still good to leap around to) to the list please?

Fanks

The Stones,The Hollies, The Who,The Eagles,Creedance Clearwater,

well I am an auld bugger B)

A huge question mark now lies over The Who - makes the whole Tommy film and a few other songs extremely dodgy in terms of conception and lyrics :blink:

The Alarm is a good call - They're on at Garage on the 1st Feb, plus the Rezillos (Garage) & SLF (Barrowlands) are playing here soon too.

I'd add - The Specials, Joy Division, The Time Frequency, Hawkwind, Gerry Rafferty, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, KLF, Sugababes, EMF, James, Nena, Siouxsie & the Banshees, The Cure, XS-Discharge, The Fegs and shockingly omitted STRANGLERS :headbang

Well Tommy DID have a pedalo uncle in it...how dodgy does it have to get?

Reading the metres and metres of newsprint on this latest scoop, I really think it was just some sort of misguided curiosity and not any unhealthy obsession which led him to do what he did. I imagine his computer system is being extensively checked along with site access records...he would have been charged toot sweet if there was extensive or repeat use probably...

The Who are still rock leg ends....but I do hope they dont sing 'I hope I die beforeI get old' any more... :blink:

Reading the metres and metres of newsprint on this latest scoop, I really think it was just some sort of misguided curiosity and not any unhealthy obsession which led him to do what he did. I imagine his computer system is being extensively checked along with site access records...he would have been charged toot sweet if there was extensive or repeat use probably...

The Who are still rock leg ends....but I do hope they dont sing 'I hope I die beforeI get old' any more... :blink:

Whip his gnads off and get the Bishops of Bath & Wells to give the dirty f'k'r the hot poker treatment - just in case :wacko:

Baba O'Reilly, one of the best rock songs ever written - a classic :headbang

Reading the metres and metres of newsprint on this latest scoop, I really think it was just some sort of misguided curiosity and not any unhealthy obsession which led him to do what he did.  I imagine his computer system is being extensively checked along with site access records...he would have been charged toot sweet if there was extensive or repeat use probably...

Whip his gnads off and get the Bishops of Bath & Wells to give the dirty f'k'r the hot poker treatment - just in case :wacko:

Baba O'Reilly, one of the best rock songs ever written - a classic :headbang

Bollox - even the lyrics from that are f'k'd up now:

Sally take my hand

We'll travel south cross land

Put out the fire but don't look past my shoulder

The exodus is here

The happy won't come near

Let's get together before we get much older :blink:

Teenage wasteland takes on a whole new slant, the dirty f'k'r :o

ST SID Posted on Jan 12 2003, 06:15 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Pompey @ Jan 12 2003, 05:34 PM)

I got it for my birthday when I was about 8  

F'k, your probably right - it must have been out about 12/13 years ago - Could be worse, I could've been an auld hippy f'k'r like the Rush fans  

Sidney, I fought the punk wars, but got into Rush after that, I heard Exit Stage Left and for 3 blokes to make such a noise live is awesome.

Tonight my headphones for bed choice is 'Curtain Call', by the Damned.

ST SID Posted on Jan 12 2003, 06:15 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (Pompey @ Jan 12 2003, 05:34 PM)

I got it for my birthday when I was about 8  

F'k, your probably right - it must have been out about 12/13 years ago - Could be worse, I could've been an auld hippy f'k'r like the Rush fans  

Sidney, I fought the punk wars, but got into Rush after that, I heard Exit Stage Left and for 3 blokes to make such a noise live is awesome.

Tonight my headphones for bed choice is 'Curtain Call', by the Damned.

Never listened to them BongoVonBudvarStoneColdRockPump. Ah heard them once at a time when I was into AC/DC and the like. It was some daft song that went..."there was trouble in the forest, there was trouble with the trees, the maples want more sunlight and the oaks say no their pleas."

Preferred, "it was one of those nights when you turn out the lights and everything comes into view" - mans song versus running round the forest hugging trees pish -no contest ;)