Movie Scenes

ST SID

Bad Boy Bubby as well? Hmmmm. Next you'll mention a film called, oh I dunno, for talkings sake we'll call it...Very Bad Things....and you'll be getting folk to sit in on a Saturday night to watch it. Then you'll mention the good gratutious violence in it and the good shagging scenes and the gorgeous prostitute lying dead in the bathroom....er.....sorry, move along, nothing to see here.....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bairnagain

I think we all forgot about about the bit in The Wizard Of Oz when the house landed on the witch. and what about when Srarecrows arm went on fire?

saving private ryan had some good killings..the lad getting slowly punctured by the big nazi while his mate stood out side greetin stood out for me. :(

the d-day landings is the most gory scene in saving private ryan. the bit with the guy lying on the ground with his guts spilling out crying "MAMA"

Guest Biscuits
the d-day landings is the most gory scene in saving private ryan. the bit with the guy lying on the ground with his guts spilling out crying "MAMA"

Was it Freddie Mercury?

Rape me :blink: Good name for a film that is clearly aimed at a certain type of audience.

One of the most disturbing rape scenes was in the ultra excellent "Once Upon a Time in America". However it was the way that it was set up brilliantly by Sergio Leone by having an ultra romantic build up. It was also vital to the development of the characters and crucial to the films plot. Such a subject should be handled delicately and not entered into lightly. I'm with the censors on this one. :flowers

You've got sex on the brain Sidney.

The French verb baiser of which baise-moi is an imperative, is French for KISS not RAPE :blink:

You're nearly right, Tom. baiser, literally translated, is indeed "to kiss", but in colloquial French usage (as in the film title), it's a little stronger than "kiss". Hence the proper translation of the file "Baise-moi" is actually "Fu ck Me."

:shockaroony

You've got sex on the brain Sidney.

The French verb baiser of which baise-moi is an imperative, is French for KISS not RAPE :blink:

St Sid is never wrong Tom. The film was released in English as "Rape Me!" I am sure you are right about the translation though :)