Farewell Soggy

Soggy was the nickname of Colin McLean and Colin was an old mate in my brother’s year at the 4th Paisley BB up in Glenburn. I was in the pipe band with him and knew him since the mid-70s. He was also a good Buddie.

Hadn’t seen him in many, many years but found out he’d moved to Australia back in about 1995. Colin was diagnosed with cancer some time ago and was told it was terminal. His dying wish was to get back to Paisley one more time. Sadly, he never made it as he succumbed to his illness on Monday at the age of just 47. He leaves behind a wife & two children.

Some of you may have known him as he went to Stanely so if you do, spare a wee thought for him.

Soggy was the nickname of Colin McLean and Colin was an old mate in my brother’s year at the 4th Paisley BB up in Glenburn. I was in the pipe band with him and knew him since the mid-70s. He was also a good Buddie.

Hadn’t seen him in many, many years but found out he’d moved to Australia back in about 1995. Colin was diagnosed with cancer some time ago and was told it was terminal. His dying wish was to get back to Paisley one more time. Sadly, he never made it as he succumbed to his illness on Monday at the age of just 47. He leaves behind a wife & two children.

Some of you may have known him as he went to Stanely so if you do, spare a wee thought for him.

47 is just far too young. Makes you appreciate each and every day. Sorry for this sad news mate and my thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends at this time.