St.mirren Direct Clearance Sale

awp

At risk of being contentious... so unlike me...

...if, on its own, the fan gear couldn't make profit for awp (an acknowledged success in that line of business and provider of an excellent service for Buddies in shop and online), then why would the club want to get involved in that business if it also couldn't make profit for them? What would be the point?

I can't pretend to understand the desire for all that fan stuff, new seasons strip(S) every year etc... I have never bought a Saints fitba strip - but have bought some of that other stuff - only from awp.

However, though I see these things as satisfying some fans' desire and (to an extent with the JD strips deal) delivering some no sweat return to the business, l can't see why St Mirren, as a slimline, economically run business has to run a wee shop... selling nick-nacks... at a loss.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on club merchandise and their own need for any of it. Go to any game though, and fans of all ages will be wearing replica kit, rain jackets, baseball caps, scarves. I've got St Mirren crested golf balls and shirts, a car air freshener, a baseball cap, three jackets for different weather and a few other things. It's expressing your support, and identifying yourself with the club. I see a fellow fan wearing a Saints branded item in a supermarket or somewhere and I say hello. Young fans certainly want to feel an identity with the club and love running around in their new kit, scarves and other items - especially when their OF supporting pals are running around with all sorts of club stuff on. Give up on merchandising (properly to a decent standard) and it is giving up on your own supporters.

Not profitable? If merchandise was a toxic thing for anyone to touch - show me an SPFL or Championship club that does not have club merchandise.

The pitiful attempts at replacing what awp did the last time merely showed our club up to being unprofessional, amateur hour, but possibly not unexpected when original ideas seem as regular as appearances of Haley's Comet.

Edited by pozbaird

St Johnstone FC have never won a major domestic honour.

Historically St Mirren have won more domestic honours, our support is larger yet commercially St Johnstone maximise their income and outperform us financially.

Nice online shop which is located at their ground.

http://www.saintsonlinestore.co.uk

I doubt we won't see any change until after new owners take over.

Ayr United....

http://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/shop/