Where Is That Tree?

Happy Buddie

On the hoarding of the Tesco thumbdown.gif site on Renfrew Road, one of RDC's posters has pictures of the Toon Hall and the Abbey and of Castle Semple Loch on either side of a picture of a pretty dramatic looking tree, mibbe a yew. Can anyone identify where that tree is?

Edited by Happy Buddie

On the hoarding of the Tesco thumbdown.gif site on Renfrew Road, one of RDC's posters has pictures of the Toon Hall and the Abbey and of Castle Semple Loch on either side of a picture of a pretty dramatic looking tree, mibbe a yew. Can anyone identify where that tree is?

You've certainly got me curious too. I'd love to see a picture of it.

The most famous Yew tree in Renfrewshire is Wallace's Yew in Elderslie.

Surprised that the cnutcil have not moved the monument by now to sit outside their feckin office in Paisley.

http://www.ancient-yew.org/mi.php/william-wallaces-yew/85

That might be it, it does look blasted, I remember going to se the Wallace Yew with my Grampa in the 60s (jeez that long?) and remembered it a a big full, wide tree.

its the one they chopped down to make the hoardings,,whistling.gif