Mon the tree’s

ALBIONSAINT

I don’t have any skin in the game with this decision (don’t live in the area) however I know that green belt land around Paisley is vanishing at an astounding rate to housing companies. I hope the campaign group have a go fund me page up and running as without money to fight these cases our beloved pastoral landscape so eloquently written about by Tannahill will be lost forever.

DCD5FF94-BC4C-4E10-82F7-CE8D62AA7B59.jpeg

I’d throw in a fiver to help them Hundreds of trees at the old Thornly Park campus already been felled for a housing development,there will be no greenery left at this rate 

3 hours ago, HSS said:

I’d throw in a fiver to help them Hundreds of trees at the old Thornly Park campus already been felled for a housing development,there will be no greenery left at this rate 

It makes a mockery of the whole climate crisis idea, woodlands and grasslands absorb rain fall. They are replaced with concrete (most co2 causing material on the planet) drive ways, pavement and roads, therefore heavy rain showers don’t get absorbed and this leads to culverts overflowing and local flooding. This then leads to sewage being dumped in rivers due to the system backing up. I am no swampy, but can see it’s all just empty rhetoric from those in command, if they were really serious about the dangers of C02 emissions why do they allow so many drive thru outlets to open. 

An excellent thread, Albion Saint!

I don't know if many, if any, on here are familiar with where Balfour Kilpatrick had a building in Renfrew.  It was in Old Govan Road.  Balfour Kilpatrick moved premises, to Hillington I think.

Anyway, they built houses there, a nice wee looking estate and only recently, the occupants of the houses complained about the trees going along the side of the estate, starting at the corner of Old Govan Road and Glasgow Road.  They said the trees, which had been there for years, were stopping sun and daylight getting to their gardens.  So that was that, the trees all got taken away.

The people that built the houses planted conifer type trees up against the fences of the gardens. It'll be funny if they grow tall enough to block the sun and daylight from their gardens again!