Northbank Displays

W6er

Did anybody get a decent photograph of the Northbank's wonderful display prior to the Hibs game? I received one image, but it did not include the Abbey, which I believe was also part of the display.

I think we should devote a thread to the wonderful displays created by the group.

GreenockScum.thumb.jpg.7fe4e9f28c4013073ec1b3a8f55420d6.jpgChampions.jpg.45e070234b15d923c221340c6146067b.jpgFutureinyourhands.jpeg.c8eda387cc757483101eb86a70c38a71.jpegStruggle.thumb.jpeg.a34887e0b0060ca7e166641f0db78b88.jpeg

Hmmmm.

Probably not going to be a popular comment, but I think these displays are a bit tinpot. Not the fault of the lads though, I just think they only really work on a much bigger scale. 
The flag display ahead of the Killie game towards the end of last season was decent because it was the whole west stand, but “tifo” type displays don’t work on that small a scale. 

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hmmmm.

Probably not going to be a popular comment, but I think these displays are a bit tinpot. Not the fault of the lads though, I just think they only really work on a much bigger scale. 
The flag display ahead of the Killie game towards the end of last season was decent because it was the whole west stand, but “tifo” type displays don’t work on that small a scale. 

I disagree. I think some of them have been excellent. I think potential problems may be that W7 isn't usually full and possibly the group haven't the financial resources to buy decent materials. However, I think they're very good and I think the club and our support should be encouraging them. :) Of course, you're entitled to your opinion.

Struggle2.thumb.jpeg.84ac6c2a29055fdb88772a8e712a46ed.jpeg

As an example of my previous comment: the red 'circles' highlight areas where folk are either absent or not participating in the display. The white materials are shiny and look (and probably are) cheap.

NONE OF THAT IS INTENDED AS CRITICISM OF THE NORTHBANK BOYS! I reiterate that they do an excellent job. As a SMISA member, I just wish we could perhaps help them with funding. Hopefully, we will have reason to thank the players in the last game of the season and it would be nice to be able to have a lovely display for them. If SMISA can fund materials and perhaps even subsidise/purchase tickets in W7 to ensure it's full, we could see what they could do. :) 

2 hours ago, W6er said:

As a SMISA member, I just wish we could perhaps help them with funding. 

As a SMISA member you could propose such an idea for a ballot after speaking to the W7 group.
It could be that they don’t want any external funding. The group are doing a great job imho. 

As an aside. It’s pretty much rammed in that area now compared to that photo you posted.
To allow that area to continue to grow my personal opinion would be that SMISA could look towards creating a safe standing zone between West Stand and Family Stand. 
I appreciate that’s a long term financial commitment and there will be many arguments against such expenditure given the crowds we get. 

2 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

As a SMISA member you could propose such an idea for a ballot after speaking to the W7 group.
It could be that they don’t want any external funding. The group are doing a great job imho. 

As an aside. It’s pretty much rammed in that area now compared to that photo you posted.
To allow that area to continue to grow my personal opinion would be that SMISA could look towards creating a safe standing zone between West Stand and Family Stand. 
I appreciate that’s a long term financial commitment and there will be many arguments against such expenditure given the crowds we get. 

Safe standing is a good idea, son good in fact, that I proposed it myself ages ago! 😉 The problem with your suggestion is that they'll want to be near the away fans as they then 'feed off each other' (AKA bam one another up) and that creates more atmosphere. 

Most folk in W7 stand anyway, so why not just make that a safe standing area?

ETA; Thank you @Albanian Buddy for the pic. I didn't scroll through the thread before replying.

Edited by W6er