• Latest Topics

• I've called you out on your ignorance with this all or nothing view, several times.  But let's do a wee figure experiement since you seem to think we are living in 1992 with the worth of these salaries.   Teacher on £40,000, single parent with two kids. Monthly figures: Take home (if they contribute 10% to their pension for retirement) £2,461 Deduct Average rent for a 3 bed in Glasgow - £1,200 Average council tax - £140 (low banding, poor area)  Average utility bills - £167 (very reserved, I have two kids and we are £240 a month)  Mobile phone & broadband - £60 Average food bill - £330 Car expenses (fuel, insurance, maintenance) - £200 Less than £400 leftover a month.  Being quite reserved in estimates and not even including things like leisure, clothes, holidays, childcare, Christmas and birthdays and an assumption of an owned car.    You're living in la la land if you think a £40,000 salary is significant in 2024 for someone with a family. One emergency and that hypothetical person could be in a foodbank.    But hey, easy to adjust? Why don't you show me how?  Maybe they buy instead of rents... Oops, housing crisis by successive governments not building enough homes.  Downsizes? Three people in a studio flat possibly?   Gets rid of the car, doesn't buy leisure stuff for the kids, doesn't have a mobile phone herself?  Maybe the person could "adjust" by forcing one of the kids back inside her.    So basically a relative salary that would have been quite comfortable 15 years ago, no longer is because of government policy. Unless the person happens to be Mystic Meg and knew their wage would decline in such a massive manner under the Tories, easy adjusting is hardly guaranteed.  You really are one of the most ignorant, disconnected individuals that I've ever came across. 
    • You really are comedy gold. 😂😂😂 Your attitude is a blight on society and reflects a desire to be supported by the government at every turn.  No responsibility, yet again, it's all the UK governments fault, nothing to do with the individual, what a society we'd live in if everyone had your out look.  Bringing in carer costs and supporting partners with health issues is as low as you have gone yet. 👎  
    • How is there something far wrong? You have no idea of their life circumstances. What if they’re raising a few kids, have a big mortgage, have other expenses, have carer costs, supporting partners with health issues? Putting everyone in the same bucket that a certain wage guarantees absolutely anyone’s living standards is down right stupid.    If these things were affordable to them years ago when their salary went further, and now they aren’t because of changes in inflation & cost of living, it’s hardly their fault. It’s also hardly going to be easy to fix in every circumstance.    Your ignorance is astounding, no blame at all for the Tories and just a complete coincidence that food bank use has exploded. 😂 I guess increase in child poverty after austerity measures was just a coincidence as well.  Your lack of political understanding is a great example of why we still have Tory voters in 2024. 
  • Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.