• Latest Topics

• Ethics don’t put food on the table. I don’t want to get into a whole Monty python “we were so poor” sketch, I was brought up in a poor area of Paisley. We lived from week to week on my mother’s windows pension. My mother could have applied for benefits but didn’t because of the stigma. I could have had free school meals but didn’t because of the stigma. Now when I look back, I ask myself did that experience push me to get myself into work and out of poverty, the answer is yes. I sometimes wonder if foodbanks, giving homeless tents etc is maybe just enabling the situation? 
    • That's the spirit.  Obviously there's  huge difference but the group discussed are readily included.  If you can't see that the poverty card is being overused, as is the NHS, then you're part of the problem.  I'll leave it at that as the debate is over when you run out of answers and start throwing that level of shite about.  Thanks for playing. 
    • Sorry if I misconstrued your point. The one area that policy has impacted is house prices and rents. It’s very difficult for first time buyers to afford a mortgage on a property that people my age would have found reasonable to pay. 
  • Popular Contributors

Nobody has received reputation this week.