Road To Hampden - Scottish League Cup 2024/25

Well I'm interested to see who gets drawn against one another as the teams that qualify from each group will be potential opponents for us.  Posting in Other Football would just see this being lost amongst all the other football threads, especially with the European Championships coming up.

Group A - Aberdeen, Airdrie, Queen of the South, Dumbarton, East Kilbride.

Group B - Dundee United, Ayr United, Falkirk, Stenhousemuir, Buckie Thistle.

Group C - Hibs, Queen's Park, Kelty Hearts, Peterhead, Elgin City.

Group D - Dundee, Inverness, Arbroath, Annan Athletic, Bonnyrigg Rose.

Group E - Livingston, Dunfermline, Cove Rangers, The Spartans, Forfar Athletic.

Group F - St Johnstone, Morton, Alloa Athletic, East Fife, Brechin City.

Group G - Motherwell, Partick Thistle, Montrose, Edinburgh City, Clyde.

Group H - Ross County, Raith Rovers, Hamilton Accies, Stirling Albion, Stranraer.

29 minutes ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

Well I'm interested to see who gets drawn against one another as the teams that qualify from each group will be potential opponents for us.  Posting in Other Football would just see this being lost amongst all the other football threads, especially with the European Championships coming up.

Other football or general nonsense. It has nothing to do with Saints..... Thankfully.

ETA. IF anyone was interested they will no doubt see results on Beeb, STV, youtube etc. Plenty of platforms without adding to the deadwood here.

Edited by stlucifer

4 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Why post the fact the draw, which is of no interest to us, is taking place in the "general St. Mirren discussion" forum? Un-fn-believable

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Other football or general nonsense. It has nothing to do with Saints..... Thankfully.

ETA. IF anyone was interested they will no doubt see results on Beeb, STV, youtube etc. Plenty of platforms without adding to the deadwood here.

He joined a Forum.

10 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I take your point but have to respectfully disagree with you.

The football in this country is dominated by two clubs because of non sporting reasons.  The League Cup and Scottish Cup are the two major trophies available for everyone else to strive for.

Next season we don't take part in the group stages part of it but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take an interest in the group stages.  As I have already mentioned, the clubs that get through the group stages will be potential opponents so that is all the more reason, for me anyway, to take an interest and keep track of the results.

There is no need for us to be acting like "big time Charlies" just because we don't need to participate in the group stages next season.  I've been supporting St. Mirren long enough to know that you can go from riding the crest of a wave to fighting for your future at Forthbank or Easter Road.

Also, as has been pointed out, you've now contributed twice to a thread you think is unnecessary or "deadwood".

Edited by BigYardsAndBasher
An unnecessary extra "in".

15 hours ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

I take your point but have to respectfully disagree with you.

The football in this country is dominated by two clubs because of non sporting reasons.  The League Cup and Scottish Cup are the two major trophies available for everyone else to strive for.

Next season we don't take part in the group stages part of it but that doesn't mean we shouldn't take an interest in the group stages.  As I have already mentioned, the clubs that get through the group stages will be potential opponents so that is all the more reason, for me anyway, to take an interest and keep track of the results.

There is no need for us to be acting like "big time Charlies" just because we don't need to participate in the group stages next season.  I've been supporting St. Mirren long enough to know that you can go from riding the crest of a wave to fighting for your future at Forthbank or Easter Road.

Also, as has been pointed out, you've now contributed twice to a thread you think is unnecessary or "deadwood".

I have contributed only to criticise the inclusion in a Saints forum. As I said. It is, ATM, other football. Because I don't think it should be in this forum it doesn't mean I can't post my opinion of this.

Lots of Road to Hampden threads have  been posted on General St Mirren Discussion over many years.

Simply because we have been involved in every one of the various competitions.

We are involved in the Scottish League Cup 2024/25 .

We start our journey on the road later than some.

2 hours ago, shull said:

Lots of Road to Hampden threads have  been posted on General St Mirren Discussion over many years.

Simply because we have been involved in every one of the various competitions.

We are involved in the Scottish League Cup 2024/25 .

We start our journey on the road later than some.

Correct sir.

On 5/30/2024 at 3:42 PM, stlucifer said:

I have contributed only to criticise the inclusion in a Saints forum. As I said. It is, ATM, other football. Because I don't think it should be in this forum it doesn't mean I can't post my opinion of this.

You are entitled to your opinion.  On this occasion I respectfully disagree.  I like that there are threads for the League Cup and Scottish Cups even if we're not in the opening rounds.

• 1 month later...