Top Five Things I Noticed

Bill Lees

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bislands does, so does the Station. But the Stow Brae disnae. Where the feck is it ? Did it use to be called someething else?

Throw me a feckin bone here.

Bill....the Station Bar/Bislands has been re-named Stow Brae.As far as I'm aware this is because the lounge entrance sits on stow brae hill.Plus Laura Mitchell, the owner,used to visit her gran who stayed up the hill in stow brae cottage.So when she took over what was the Station Bar she decided to re-name it to give it a family connection so to speak,and also to put her own stamp on the place.

That do ye? :wink:

Oh yeah....the pub sits on Canal st....just along from the Afton.

Edited by EL NOMBRE

Bill....the Station Bar/Bislands has been re-named Stow Brae.As far as I'm aware this is because the lounge entrance sits on stow brae hill.Plus Laura Mitchell, the owner,used to visit her gran who stayed up the hill in stow brae cottage.So when she took over what was the Station Bar she decided to re-name it to give it a family connection so to speak,and also to put her own stamp on the place.

That do ye? :wink:

Oh yeah....the pub sits on Canal st....just along from the Afton.

Thanks, Allan I understand now. It's Bisland's.