Top Five Things I Noticed

Bill Lees

1. Smoke-Free pubs - they're brilliant ! Shoulda done this years ago. Also noticed that people with an eye for the main chance have put advertising signs outside pubs where smokers gather for a gasper, and in the Bull, wee tags that you're supposed to put on your pint saying "please don't touch my pint, I'm outside having a ciggie".

2. Day-glo referees and linesmen - what's all that about ?

3. Why isn't the roof of the Abbey green any more ?

4. Anchor Mills - new bridge, new Morrisons, new f**k-off posh-bastard flats. Jings.

5. Paisley Panda is truly shit. He's the wrong shape, his head is too big, all he does is strut about like a tit. Not like the original at all.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Smoke-Free pubs - they're brilliant ! Shoulda done this years ago. Also noticed that people with an eye for the main chance have put advertising signs outside pubs where smokers gather for a gasper, and in the Bull, wee tags that you're supposed to put on your pint saying "please don't touch my pint, I'm outside having a ciggie".

4. Anchor Mills - new bridge, new Morrisons, new f**k-off posh-bastard flats. Jings.

5. Paisley Panda is truly shit. He's the wrong shape, his head is too big, all he does is strut about like a tit. Not like the original at all.

1. Smoke free pubs are brilliant - no going home stinking of smoke or squinting to see the telly with your eyes smarting from second hand smoke. Strangely even the smokers say its better - they smoke less and dont seem to mind going to the door for a puff.

2. Jeez had them a while Bill

3. Suspect its desgned to fade to the colour of the other side - like filiree or something. Hampden park is the same the metal beams were untreated and weathered themselves to a uniform colour.

4. Nice flats - glad they did something with them - Morrissons is ace - try thier fresh fish counter

5. No one panda could ever replace the original :(

1. Smoke free pubs are brilliant - no going home stinking of smoke or squinting to see the telly with your eyes smarting from second hand smoke. Strangely even the smokers say its better - they smoke less and dont seem to mind going to the door for a puff.

I've nothing against smoke free pubs except you can now smell the farts and B.O. :(

1. It does make a pleasant change yes. I've noticed many pubs have used it as an excuse to redecorate as well. Coming back from Dingwall going into the Beggars Bongo was heard to remark "I'm allergic to paint"... :lol:

2. Had them a while Bill, presumably so they can be seen better in the depths of winter... :blink:

3. They redid that and the Coats Observatory dome yonks ago. I suspect they will weather back to the green again as it oxidises.

4. Always did say they should do something with it. Looks the berries I have to say.

5. I agree, bring back the auld & REAL Panda. :D

Morrissons is ace - try thier fresh fish counter

Correct. Never had tuna steaks until a short while ago. Now I'm addicted to the bastards. Great selection of fishy stuff in general. And very good value for money over all.

Oh aye, and thAbbey roof got done a while back. I think folk kept saying it looked bowfin' having a green roof.

and in the Bull, wee tags that you're supposed to put on your pint saying "please don't touch my pint, I'm outside having a ciggie".

That is a great idea. I must have lost 4 or 5 pints since the ban came in.

As a smoker, I did think that the ban was a pile of shite, but now I do actually think it's better and more pleasant in the pubs.

However, can somebody please suggest a system to nightclub / pub owners and bouncers in particular, where if we go outside for a smoke, that we should be able to return to the pub no questions asked. Took me about 20 minutes to get back into Suburbia the other night, while Mrs. Herbie et al sat inside. To quote the bouncer "I don't give a f*ck if you've been in all night or if the Pope's in there waiting for you". Tosser. :angry:

Also, when the summer months come, will smokers have first choice at the beer garden tables?

after living abroad for a while, the first thing i noticed was how run down and dirty paisley was, fecking litter everywhere that really annoys me

Nothing worse than watching somebody just throw thier rubbish on the ground :angry: HOW CAN THEY JUST DO THAT !!

Have you ever tried politely pointing out the error of their ways to somebody who has failed to bin their litter? Foul-mouthed abuse doesn't begin to cover it - particularly from those aged under 12. You'd think you'd just suggested buggering them up against the nearest lamp-post. How have we come to such a pass?

In my day, my folks woulda gie' n me a leatherin', etc, etc, etc, etc ........<fades into old codger mode>...................

the council are partly to blame for the litter problem

they are to blame for how run down the town is, next year when the co op closes be like a ghost town, most shops in the paisley center and the high st are closed, the council go on junkits and do f**k all there worse than useless

I dont think the co op is closing anymore. :unsure:

Also, when the summer months come, will smokers have first choice at the beer garden tables?

In short....no.

See when the really sunny weather comes and all the part-time pub goers start appearing,you know the ones....those grade A tits that comandeer the pubs at Christmas and end up wanting to pick a fight after a small sherry,or stand at the bar waving a 20 complaining about not being served quick enough,the smokers will get shunted into a wee corner so all the shade wearing posers can sit and look all glam.

f**k the sun worshippers. :angry:

In short....no.

See when the really sunny weather comes and all the part-time pub goers start appearing,you know the ones....those grade A tits that comandeer the pubs at Christmas and end up wanting to pick a fight after a small sherry,or stand at the bar waving a 20 complaining about not being served quick enough,the smokers will get shunted into a wee corner so all the shade wearing posers can sit and look all glam.

You pissed off about something today...?

You would never guess..... :rolleyes:

Anyone would think you were going to miss the St.Mirren game... :ph34r:

In short....no.

I feel a vigilante squad coming on Al. :fire2:ninja:zorro