Top Five Gigs

JC87

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Marley (Glasgow Apollo) '80 or '81 - Bob stolled on stage walked into his microphone and started to giggle. The Wailers kicked into Trenchtown Rock and Mr. Marley blew the place away. Perfection. Funny aroma that night! :whistle

The Who (Glasgow Apollo) '81 - First farewell tour. Part of the reason I remember that night is the relief at getting off the balcony alive!

The Ramones (Glasgow Barrowlands) Summer '84 - It was a hot summer's night (sic) and people were fainting all over the place. Joey sweated on me. :o

Alice Cooper (Glasgow Apollo) ' 82 - Just out the clinic and with a band that wasn't too heavy - the best I've ever seen him.

Big Country (Town & Country Club, Cambden) '89 or 90 - Part of the T&C's 10th Anniversary week. Big Country were still a stadium act at that time and they must've taken most of their gear into the venue which had a capacity of 1200-ish. Easily the loudest gig I ever went to and I saw Motorhead, Iron Maiden, and many bands of that ilk.

1.the eagles- 17/06/06-twickenham

2.the eagles- 13/06/06-nia

3.the eagles- 20/07/01-nia

never seen anyone play for 3 hrs and have 3 encores.

4.springsteen- 17/05/03- crystal palace.

5.u2-07/07/05-city of manchester stadium.

• 3 weeks later...

and just to show i have been to see some bands in the last decade!!

belle and sebastian madrid summercase festival 06

mull historical society - liverpool uni oct 02

polyphonic spree liverpool uni 04

proclaimers - mathew street music festial 06

daft punk - madrid summercase music festival 06

Edited by Liverpool Bud

band ive seen on vip or laminates are

stone roses - liverpool polytechnic 89

del amitri - liverpool / mancs / glasgow 89 - 92

manic street preachers - warrington / liverpool /sheffield / manchester 96 -98

belle and sebastian - preston / liverpool / mancs / manchester 02 - 06

big country - elstree studios 88

Edited by Liverpool Bud

1. Pink Floyd

Main Road Stadium, Manchester. August 1988 (I was 13).

2. Carter USM (supp. The Senseless Things/Resque)

Barrowlands, Glasgow. November 1991.

3. The Offspring

Barrowlands, Glasgow. 1993 I think (fighting with bouncers and 1st stage dive).

4. Carter USM (supp. The Sultans of Ping FC/The Frank & Walters)

Barrowlands, Glasgow. 1992 (got backstage)

5. Korn, Slipknot, Machine Head, Iggy and the Stooges, Lostprophets, Linkin Park

Glasgow Green. July 2004 (Metallica, HIM and the Distillers were rotten).

Guest gruffass

Not in any order of topness!

1-Ramones, Birmingham 87

2 - Any UK Subs gig, Charlies a hero!!

3 - The Exploited, any gig, Watties just a f**king mentalist!!

4 - Metallica birmingham 96

5 - Motorhead Wolverhampton 95ish

• 3 weeks later...

1: Stranglers - Glasgow Appolo 1978 The bouncers f**ked off and we all got on the stage.

2: Clash - Glasgow Appolo 1978 (The one filmed on rude boy) Joe Strummer had on the Get to f**k t shirt.

3: Big Country/Runrig - Barrowland Hogmanay 1984

4: Simple Minds - Barrowland (Can't remember the year Waterfront tour)

5: The Jam Glasgow Appolo 1977.

heres our mate Dougal on the very night you mention

One of the worst moments of his life was when in the house after 10pm he was down to his last 2 cans..........

It was a Tennents' promotion time with some(very few) cans containing water and a gas released tube containing a tenner................

Both produced the dosh but it being after off sales shutting time, the world's worst left handed joiner was very unhappy.....................

One of the worst moments of his life was when in the house after 10pm he was down to his last 2 cans..........

It was a Tennents' promotion time with some(very few) cans containing water and a gas released tube containing a tenner................

Both produced the dosh but it being after off sales shutting time, the world's worst left handed joiner was very unhappy.....................

Doesnae cease to amuse me with humour at the flubmeisters expense, I'll pass on your regards

He also took his brother's dog to a UB40 gig in Ayr once................

I got huckled spitting at Sham 69 in satellite city, they threatened to go off if people did not stop spitting.

There was a support group called Matt Vinyl and the Decorators :lol: the guy playing the guitar was feckin drenched :green was that not how Joe Strummer originally caught Hep C? Someone gobbed at him and he inadvertently swallowed it.

PINK FLOYD... EARLS COURT

THE JAM........ZHIVAGOS

FINGERPRINTZ..BUNGALOW

ICICLE WORKS..KING TUTS

URIAH HEEP..APOLLO

The Jam at Zhivago's........Myself, my sister,Chad, Johnny Grant of the Straps and Sandra were there as well. Bought our tickets from the Parducci ice cream van in Foxbar. think they cost about £1.25. What could you see for that these days?

The Jam at Zhivago's........Myself, my sister,Chad, Johnny Grant of the Straps and Sandra were there as well. Bought our tickets from the Parducci ice cream van in Foxbar. think they cost about £1.25. What could you see for that these days?

Was that under St Enoch Station...............

I'd a ticket and forgot to go...................

Was that the replacement for the cancelled gig at the Dreamland Cinema..........?

Was that under St Enoch Station...............

I'd a ticket and forgot to go...................

Was that the replacement for the cancelled gig at the Dreamland Cinema..........?

It was sited behind the current station entrance round about where the steps are, up to the new shopping bit I think, Dunno about it being a replcement for the dreamland gig, but it was their first solo tour after they fell oot wae the Clash, after the P.A. fiasco, never done any of them much harm in the long term, Although there was allways some slight ill feeling after that.

There must be a thread worth a top five worst gigs.

I saw a band called Dillinger whilst working (on anti crowd surfing duty) at Reading Festival in 2002, it was a sunday dinner time about 12pm, they were the first band on and the lead singer did a shite on the stage and threw it in to the crowd, somebody threw it back and he smeared it all over his t shirt :green

There must be a thread worth a top five worst gigs.

I saw a band called Dillinger whilst working (on anti crowd surfing duty) at Reading Festival in 2002, it was a sunday dinner time about 12pm, they were the first band on and the lead singer did a shite on the stage and threw it in to the crowd, somebody threw it back and he smeared it all over his t shirt :green

Wasn't thet Marti Pellow ?