Sony Psp

No Ninjas

I got a Sony PSP from Santa this year. As the last gaming machine I had played Chuckie Egg and Pacman, I'm not up to speed with this new fangled wee machine. I've been told I need a memory stick.

I believe I can download and store movies, so what size of memory card/stick should I be realistically looking at buying..? I see they vary in (price and) size from 32 megs up to 2 gigs…

Also, anyone recommend any good places to buy games, and finally can you get Jet Pack Willie for the PSP.

Cheers lads...

I got a Sony PSP from Santa this year. As the last gaming machine I had played Chuckie Egg and Pacman, I'm not up to speed with this new fangled wee machine. I've been told I need a memory stick.

I believe I can download and store movies, so what size of memory card/stick should I be realistically looking at buying..? I see they vary in (price and) size from 32 megs up to 2 gigs…

Also, anyone recommend any good places to buy games, and finally can you get Jet Pack Willie for the PSP.

Cheers lads...

Is that some kind of STI? :blink:

Cheers lads...

asked my son who got a psp for christmas too

he said use smaller memory cards for games and larger ones for music and movies apparently if you use a larger memory for games it spreads the data out too much :unsure:

hope that helps

he reckons the best place to buy games is "game" cos if you use the loyalty card the points build up quite quickley :)

Guest ballochbud72

Cheers lads...

got the wee man 1 for xmas last year just getting round 2 downloading games and movies will let u no what program u need 2 download soon by the way you need at least a 2 meg memory stick

Dont know if the site I usually buy gear off of do it but give them a try cause they are really cheap

BIG POCKETS

Failing that I bought a memory stick micro think you'll need a Memory Stick Duo and DavidG had a decent site.....

Duo are a lot cheaper now duo to the launch of Micro for phones etc. Make sure you get the adapter incase it fits into your PC/Laptop and easy to transfer to and from

Hope that helps :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ive just got an email from BigPockets.Co.Uk

And they have listed some promotions:

Scan Disc Memory Stick Duo 1GB - £12.99 (What you will require for PSP's)

Scan Disc 1GB SD Card - £7.99 (For many cameras PDAs, Sat Nav & Nintendo Wii etc)

512Mb Flash Drive USB - £5.99 (for temp storage of files)

FujiFilm 512Mb Xd Picture Card - £10.99 (for Fuji & Olympus Cameras)

Scan Disc 2GB SD Card - £14.99 (as above)

P4 2.8Ghz with Free 12 Month Warranty - £199.99 See Below

CPU - Intel Pentium 4 2.8Ghz, HDD - 40Gb, Memory - 512Mb DDR-RAM, USB - 6 x USB2.0 (2Front, 4 Back)

Some superb deals folks....

Cheapest Ive seen a few items above listed anywhere B)

Edited by whosyirdaddy