Let Bygones Be Bygones

Guest saint hits the net

he is presenting a rock history typr programme on radio 2 on wednesday nights although I haven't heard it yet.

He's on radio 6 on a saturday and sunday night too. 9pm to midnight :o

Looks like his Never Mind the Buzzcocks appearances may have rescued him from the insurance call centre :lol:

my brother had a grifter it had the gears on the handles kinda like gripshift....i got a raleigh(sort of forerunner to mountain bikes) Bomber for my 14th birthday...weighed a feckin ton..lugging it up 3 flights of stairs...couldnt be arsed one night...left at the bottom of close with a lock on it...it was gone in the morning,well it was auchenback :o)

Guest Biscuits
i dont think bruce dickinson needs to worry yet, they headlined the rock in rio festival last year 250,000 people...

If you mean Iron Maiden then I'm pretty sure BD isn't the lead singer any more hence the new job.

Could be wrong, mind you.... it has been known. <_<

i dont mean to sound like pedantic old bassa but bruce rejoined iron maiden and recorded an album called brave new world after they got rid of blaze bailey, and iron maiden will be at the new donnigton festival in the summer along with marliyn manson ,audioslave and some others, i would go but i canny be arsed... :P

Guest saint hits the net
i remember a crap mag for kids , my cousin used to get it all the time...the mighty LOOK IN  !!! :D

Look out for Look In - the ad used to remind us. It was like a junior Tv Times and I'm sorry to admit I bought a Look In annual for thirty pence at the barras no more than five years ago. I know, I know - I was robbed..... :o

One of the finest children's programmes listed on that site was Family Ness, a superb programme I always watched.

Top 5 kids TV programmes from the past

1. Family Ness

2. Jimbo

3. Bertha

4. Fireman Sam

5. Thomas the Tank Engine (new episodes are rubbish).

Unfortunately there wasn't enough space to include such fine examples of TV programming as Charlie Chalk, Penny Crayon, Tugs (from the makers of Thomas the Tank Engine) and The Wombles.

Edited by Stu

Look out for Look In - the ad used to remind us. It was like a junior Tv Times and I'm sorry to admit I bought a Look In annual for thirty pence at the barras no more than five years ago. I know, I know - I was robbed..... :o

Wasn't FAB around at the same time - lashings of BCR, David Cassidy, The Osmonds, Leif Garret, etc...it was my sisters - honest :blink:

I did however download a quality Donnie & Marie track from altbinaries the other night - it was a track also covered by U2? Can anyone impress me by knowing the track :P

Guest saint hits the net
he is presenting a rock history typr programme on radio 2 on wednesday nights although I haven't heard it yet.

I've taped the first two episodes of Masters of Rock onto minidisc and i'll wait until the six part series ends before listening to it. I do know the series works its way up from Deep Purple, Sabbath, Zeppelin etc all the way through to Iron Maiden and I think Slipknot and Korn were mentioned.

Guest saint hits the net
I did however download a quality Donnie & Marie track from altbinaries the other night - it was a track also covered by U2? Can anyone impress me by knowing the track  :P

Was it "Where the streets have no paper roses" ? :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Guest Ladybud
Bruce Dickinson has a really dull white collar job now apparently?

A pilot! Believe it or not. :o ... And radio presenter AND is back with Maiden tickling his ivories again! :D

Cool! :):rolleyes:

Well done ladybud. New he was up to something a little more conventional. The inflight messages would be mental on that flight:

"This is your captian speaking....

No point asking when it is,

No point asking who's to go,

No point asking what's the game,

No point asking who's to blame.

'cos if you're gonna die, if you're gonna die,

'cos if you're gonna die, if you're gonna die,

If you're gonna die, die with your boots on.

If you're gonna try, just stick around,

Gonna cry, just move along,

If you're gonna die, you're gonna die."

:headbang