Closed Down Threads

whosyirdaddy

Firstly Ive put this topic in here since its E-Related and

Secondly I think it should be pinned as we dont have anything pinned in here and I actually see this being a thread which has a very valid pointand could be used reguarly .

There have been countless threads getting closed down here recently and although some may be justified and rather obvious why - Some threads over the years have built up so many view / post (some post building yeah) etc etc, I feel maybe too many are geting closed for the wrong reasons

This forum is used by mostly Saints fans who want the best thing for the club, however not everyone will agree on a daily thread to thread basis - This is clearly obvious as its noticed in thread to thread.

Our current topics - due to bad results and performances etc have IMO not only got regular posters / multiple alias posters wound up or winding up BUT I feel the MODS are started to trouser wet and panic at times - Far too many threads are getting closed down where discussions could free flow in them.

Hats off to Mods for combining threads which are going down a similar discussion route. Also I agree that you have to tread carefully to any posts that may be deemed as a form of direct personal abuse to our board members/players/staff and well done on your efforts there. Overall well done mods for doing a thankless job (my little statement above probably seems hypocritical)

However I feel there should be a thread likes this one for people to discuss without getting extremely wound up why there thread was closed or there post deleted when they have a sincere reason for posting as they did. The rules would simply be

(1) Post a link to the thread in discussion

(2) Explain why you feel offended that it was closed down (or) deleted

Im not saying Mods would need to reply but it gives people the chance to explain what there post was about rather than having to start another thread to be closed down, then another thread again after that and so on. This helps tidy up the forum boards and stops all these wee padlock signs appearing and makes the forum look more welcoming to others.

While Im on it I know this thread was closed down by a sort of request by the man who started it - But I dont think starting a thread gives the member the right to ask for it to be closed down as many other people have posted in it . It certainly wouldnt be that if we somehow went on a superb run (wishful i know) and ended up 3rd or 4th in the league. If the thread disappears into the limelight then fine but at least it can be dug out again using the search facilty and posted at when and if needed.

Thoughts anyone ?????

Tom

Thanks for the reply and yeah I understand the Gus threads, as stated previously it makes the board look messy as heck and sometimes going to page three and four to see a thread which isnt that old is a bit crazy. As also stated I appreciate that you guys do a thankless task and most times, especially in the past gave a wee brief explanation to why the thread was closed or post being deleted, I just feel that this thread might (then again might not) have a decent purpose without getting out of control or being hi-jacked by the usual suspects.

Really youve pointed this out to another level now Tom. Ive just noticed Ive got a 20% warning from about 3 and a half years ago or somewhere along those lines, If the persistent offenders really are cause the board to get messy and cant have an adult conversation then why dont Mods use the features availible to them and issue warnings in periods, Im not all for having you guys getting more grief by using such a feauture on well known regulars, BUT possibly a wee bit of an update to the forum guidelines and then everyone has to re-agree/accept to them and then you could use the feauture more freely when obviously required and needed.

Before I was offline for a while, I know things change as time goes on BUT I used to use this forum thick and thin and got involved in some of the banter as well as being on the other end of it most times. Since returning to the forum there appears to be just a load of old drivel to cause personal annoyance between members. Im not saying we shouldnt have a laugh, far from it, Im just suggesting that trusted mods use the feautures availble to them.

Back to this thread, I honestly feel that there is a need for this thread, new and old members can always use a reference point and reminder of why some threads have been closed and maybe avoid doing it again :)

Firstly Ive put this topic in here since its E-Related and

Secondly I think it should be pinned as we dont have anything pinned in here and I actually see this being a thread which has a very valid pointand could be used reguarly .

There have been countless threads getting closed down here recently and although some may be justified and rather obvious why - Some threads over the years have built up so many view / post (some post building yeah) etc etc, I feel maybe too many are geting closed for the wrong reasons

This forum is used by mostly Saints fans who want the best thing for the club, however not everyone will agree on a daily thread to thread basis - This is clearly obvious as its noticed in thread to thread.

Our current topics - due to bad results and performances etc have IMO not only got regular posters / multiple alias posters wound up or winding up BUT I feel the MODS are started to trouser wet and panic at times - Far too many threads are getting closed down where discussions could free flow in them.

Hats off to Mods for combining threads which are going down a similar discussion route. Also I agree that you have to tread carefully to any posts that may be deemed as a form of direct personal abuse to our board members/players/staff and well done on your efforts there. Overall well done mods for doing a thankless job (my little statement above probably seems hypocritical)

However I feel there should be a thread likes this one for people to discuss without getting extremely wound up why there thread was closed or there post deleted when they have a sincere reason for posting as they did. The rules would simply be

(1) Post a link to the thread in discussion

(2) Explain why you feel offended that it was closed down (or) deleted

Im not saying Mods would need to reply but it gives people the chance to explain what there post was about rather than having to start another thread to be closed down, then another thread again after that and so on. This helps tidy up the forum boards and stops all these wee padlock signs appearing and makes the forum look more welcoming to others.

While Im on it I know this thread was closed down by a sort of request by the man who started it - But I dont think starting a thread gives the member the right to ask for it to be closed down as many other people have posted in it . It certainly wouldnt be that if we somehow went on a superb run (wishful i know) and ended up 3rd or 4th in the league. If the thread disappears into the limelight then fine but at least it can be dug out again using the search facilty and posted at when and if needed.

Thoughts anyone ?????

It didnae really need tae be closed.

Just changing the title to The G & A GTF Thread wid huv done the trick. :P

Anyway, The Billy Stark Appreciation Thread will be up and running very soon.