10000Hours Public Meeting Thurs June 7Th @ 1900

div

FFS, you've done more u-turns than a bombay taxi driver. Any credibility you had went when the libcon's binned their pasty tax!

You may have a point my friend ...and you are welcome to lambast me at will .......but i have watched the CIC bid go from a great idea into a joke over the years (years!) I have been on here. A great idea sadly lacking any leadership....and for REA to call another meeting is just stupid. How many will attend ??.......You ...Div and a dug I think. His heart is in the right place ...It's just he dosn't know when to leave!.....PR is the worst ever!...lost the support so go!.

Div, I cannot make the meeting. Could you ask RA what his views are on a Newco? Thanks.

I don't see that it matters what his views are. The new organisation isn't about Richard, it's about all of the members. Richard would only have one vote same as the rest of us.

What is a valid question is asking Richard to explain how the current scenario regarding the clubs decision on newco would be managed within the 10000Hours model as it currently stands. I think that is what SMiSA have asked and I think it is a very good example to give as the answer should give a lot more meat to the bones in how this whole thing stacks up in "real life".

Why not?

Balfy, why should I do that? It's not my place. The consortium will sell to whom they want to sell.

What has changed...? Maybe the fact that their preferred bidder has been forced into numerous changes to their buyout model, firstly by the SNP councillors in Renfrewshire Council, who hate the town and the football club and have done nothing but run both into the ground over the last few years; secondly by not enough fans getting involved despite newspaper, radio, tv, Internet, email, leafleting at matches and thirdly (now) by people still not getting that this is the one and only chance for us to see this come to pass abd getting bogged down in stuff that can really only be answered once the deal is done.

Stuart Dickson was right - St Mirren fans are too thick to understand that this is about the fans shaping the future of the club, not REA, GLS or anyone else. The fact that those 2 have had the limelight they have is because the fans have been lethargic and unwilling to be involved in the process (with the exception of a few), instead the fans have chosen to pick holes in something that they should have been offering to take an active role in forming.

Clearly this is still over people's heads, despite it being made as simple as is can, and the whole thing may fail due to typical Scottish laziness, ignorance and wee man mentality. We may be liquidated before R*ngers, for all I know...!

Complete and utter bollocks and you know it.

I'll be at the meeting, I'm also hoping to get my teeth in to the draft constitution and have some proper notes for asking questions. There is something tangible here, but to some there isn't enough meat on the bones and that's fair enough.

Examples of lack of meat:

- Exactly how many board members, for SMFC, are made up of CIC members and what is the ratio of those to 48% members.

- Is the CIC portion of the SMFC board made up by the CIC Board selecting them (shaking heads all round on that) or via member vote and that vote directing who is basically announced as being on the board.

- Do the 48% just nominate their member(s)?

- For conflict of interest...do Saint Mirren just award contracts for supply or do we tender the work? Obviously, no company within the CIC membership should have a representative involved in reviewing or putting the tenders together.

- Just what will be voted on? For those votes, which member vote results are a note of intent that could act as a casting vote and which are a direct note of action? (Examples could be appealing a red card, deciding which fixtures we want (should the SPL fixture build allow) on certain dates, deciding ticket prices for one off matches, anything being voted on by the club at SPL Board level, items to be sold in the club shop, use of extra funds and potentially even the sale of a player). Members will need, of course, to understand that some votes will be short sharp events.

- Exactly what percentage of revenue, within the new areas, will go to the CIC. I realise that the CIC are fitting the area out, but the area is within a SMFC asset and having SMFC as their main asset will allow the CIC to do more than if it all started with buying a coffee shop and running internet cafe sessions a few times a week. There has to be some gain share coming to SMFC from the off.

- How long does a Board member sit on the seat.

- Div will love this one...what exactly is the vehicle for member discussion and information. There's been absolutely nothing about a CIC website or security of information.

Just a few basics, but I have work to get to. :)