Article

It is an interesting enough article on a pretty superficial level, but doesn't go into the nuts and bolts of the transaction, and how the club is funded to remain a viable operation (revenue streams, etc.).

It is all good and well for someone (he knows who he is) to suggest that this is the model we should be following, but quite how any real sense of how the Wycombe scenario worked/will work in practice can be extrapolated from that article is beyond me.

Either you're for fan ownership or you're not?

The article isn't a business plan laid before saints fans in an attempt to garner their support! It's a snapshot of how a club with a support/turnover very similar to ours has made fan ownership work. Our BoD could set us on this path and leave a legacy that would rightly see them revered for decades to come.

time saints fans stopped using the 'C' word

CAN'T

Edited by somner9

Either you're for fan ownership or you're not?

The article isn't a business plan laid before saints fans in an attempt to garner their support! It's a snapshot of how a club with a support/turnover very similar to ours has made fan ownership work. Our BoD could set us on this path and leave a legacy that would rightly see them revered for decades to come.

time saints fans stopped using the 'C' word

CAN'T

I don't disagree with that, but surely you can't suggest we adopt that model, when it isn't at all clear what the model is?

I don't disagree with that, but surely you can't suggest we adopt that model, when it isn't at all clear what the model is?

Where did i say we should adopt wycombe's model?

I said "Cracking article and a very similar path that we and our BoD should follow to transfer ownership to the fans, "debt free"

That said it's obvious that at Wycombe they actually had a business plan that they shared with the supportwhistling.gif

Lots to learn from the likes of Wycombe and others.

Where did i say we should adopt wycombe's model?

I said "Cracking article and a very similar path that we and our BoD should follow to transfer ownership to the fans, "debt free"

That said it's obvious that at Wycombe they actually had a business plan that they shared with the supportwhistling.gif

Lots to learn from the likes of Wycombe and others.

Did it cost them £1-5m? Or what? I don't think that all that many Saints fans are opposed to fan ownership if the price is right and affordable.

It is an interesting enough article on a pretty superficial level, but doesn't go into the nuts and bolts of the transaction, and how the club is funded to remain a viable operation (revenue streams, etc.).

It is all good and well for someone (he knows who he is) to suggest that this is the model we should be following, but quite how any real sense of how the Wycombe scenario worked/will work in practice can be extrapolated from that article is beyond me.

Well, as I said, it's worth a read.

Edited by Desperately Seeking Susans