Better Together

Kendo

You could have saved yourself. a shit load of typing by simply saying you dont know.

Im disappointed in you. You seemed so f**king cocksure of your facts only to be called out as yet another clueless numpty.

There's a totally state of the art, brand spanking new system called Google that can answer your questions. Look it up you lazy sod. And if you read enough and by some chance understand it, you will see why the SNP's prognostications amount to a crock of shit and that was even before the ass fell out of oil prices.

Back to the usual Friday pattern after last week. Funny how he aost always appears immediately after numbnuts "likes" a post or just in time for numbnuts to like his post. You might even wonder if the two of them are in the same place at the same time.

Looking at the posts above, Slarti.....

I deduce that numbnuts refers to kendo...? :unsure:

Cambiebud...? Naw.

Or perhaps Herr Dixon...?

Invested for the future you say?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2015/10/07/norway-risks-killing-its-own-economy/

We diversified. Norway has left itself totally dependent on oil. Norways unemployment rate has risen by 4.5% in recent years whilst in the UK unemployment keeps falling. Indeed Norways investment fund last year lost an incredible 273Bn NOK. How would we react if our government was holding massive amounts of our money, was investing it on our behalf, and had lost £4058 per person in its investment portfollio alone?

Natsi's need to stop extolling countries whose economies keep failing. First it was Iceland, just before they went bankrupt, then Ireland just before it became just another EU economic pariah, and now Norway.

Once again Mr. Dickson, you tell only what part of the story suits you.

Norway is not and will never in your lifetime be a failing economy.

Norway has invested in it's National infrastructure more per capita than any other country in the world over the last four decades, bar the middle east oil states whose long term prospects are not sustainable, whereas Norway's infrastructure is built to a quality and design life that few other nations can match.

It's roads. bridges, railways, and civic spaces are all the envy of the world.

98% of the country's power comes from Hydro plants which have operating lifespans of 100 years, as it is maintained to incredibly high standards.

It has fishing, forestry, and farming industries which it SUPPORTS and cherishes as part of it's heritage and future well-being.

I would give you that un-employment is higher than normal due to the current oil situation, but this will be short-lived, as there is nothing more certain in this world than the return of high oil prices.

Norway's invested fund is massive for a population of that size. It owns >2% of the world's stocks and shares, and traditionally has only spent 3% of the INTEREST of that fund annually. If the elected government wants to spend more than that, it has to get the agreement of the whole parliament, and this has to be re-visited on a regular basis, and re-ratified.

As for the Forbes article - that same financial medium had a majority of contributors saying before the financial meltdown that the problem would not go much further than the American mortgage companies, and the banks would ride out the storm - they got that right then!

The point is I DO KNOW.

I tried to help you understand why.

You fail to do so. I can do no more.

And to be fair... I think I was first to call the other a "numpty".

So... first dibs etc.

You lose again... sad.png

Pretty sure I asked you for two simple numbers.

Was that too difficult for you?

There's a totally state of the art, brand spanking new system called Google that can answer your questions. Look it up you lazy sod. And if you read enough and by some chance understand it, you will see why the SNP's prognostications amount to a crock of shit and that was even before the ass fell out of oil prices.

Pretty sure bluto doesn't need anyone to fight his battles for him.

I may be wrong.

Seriously bluto - piss off and annoy someone else with your nonsense.

If I have pissed you off, I really am very, very sorry. :)

But you make it so easy...

How can I take a person seriously who... on the one hand dismisses and refuses to believe in the numbers to evaluate the merits of a serious upcoming decision:

"I would vote for Scottish Independence even if the numbers all stacked up against it and made it the wrong decision. I think it's just... right".

And... on the other hand persistently demands exactitude about the numbers in order to evaluate the merits of a serious upcoming decision:

"Pretty sure I asked you for two simple numbers.

Was that too difficult for you?"

In the interests of clarity : That's YOU, that is! :)

Once again Mr. Dickson, you tell only what part of the story suits you.

Norway is not and will never in your lifetime be a failing economy.

Norway has invested in it's National infrastructure more per capita than any other country in the world over the last four decades, bar the middle east oil states whose long term prospects are not sustainable, whereas Norway's infrastructure is built to a quality and design life that few other nations can match.

It's roads. bridges, railways, and civic spaces are all the envy of the world.

98% of the country's power comes from Hydro plants which have operating lifespans of 100 years, as it is maintained to incredibly high standards.

It has fishing, forestry, and farming industries which it SUPPORTS and cherishes as part of it's heritage and future well-being.

I would give you that un-employment is higher than normal due to the current oil situation, but this will be short-lived, as there is nothing more certain in this world than the return of high oil prices.

Norway's invested fund is massive for a population of that size. It owns >2% of the world's stocks and shares, and traditionally has only spent 3% of the INTEREST of that fund annually. If the elected government wants to spend more than that, it has to get the agreement of the whole parliament, and this has to be re-visited on a regular basis, and re-ratified.

As for the Forbes article - that same financial medium had a majority of contributors saying before the financial meltdown that the problem would not go much further than the American mortgage companies, and the banks would ride out the storm - they got that right then!

Scottish Nationalists told us just over a year ago that Brent Crude Prices would rise every year to record high rates - much higher than those figures even their own advisers - funded by the Scottish taxpayer - was telling them it was prudent to quote. 14 months of low oil prices have shown just how wrong the SNP got it.

Putting all of your eggs in one basket is never a prudent economic policy and the current state of the oil industry should serve as a huge warning to the gung-ho Nationalists who got it totally wrong. Sadly most appear to be way too stupid and they still buy the line that Independence and control of our own plunging tax revenue would have allowed the Scottish Government to invest even more in the NHS.

Norways investment fund is losing money hand over fist. The Forbes article is not a prediction, it's a report of ACTUAL losses. Ignoring it, or writing it off as a fluke when the oil prices still show no sign of recovery is tantamount to Stewart Gilmour's actions before Rangers went into liquidation when he claimed that despite Rangers being in administration, despite all the news about Ticketus debt and unpaid tax bills, and despite a pending tax case into EBT's he couldn't see Rangers going into liquidation.

Scottish Nationalists told us just over a year ago that Brent Crude Prices would rise every year to record high rates - much higher than those figures even their own advisers - funded by the Scottish taxpayer - was telling them it was prudent to quote. 14 months of low oil prices have shown just how wrong the SNP got it.

Putting all of your eggs in one basket is never a prudent economic policy and the current state of the oil industry should serve as a huge warning to the gung-ho Nationalists who got it totally wrong. Sadly most appear to be way too stupid and they still buy the line that Independence and control of our own plunging tax revenue would have allowed the Scottish Government to invest even more in the NHS.

Norways investment fund is losing money hand over fist. The Forbes article is not a prediction, it's a report of ACTUAL losses. Ignoring it, or writing it off as a fluke when the oil prices still show no sign of recovery is tantamount to Stewart Gilmour's actions before Rangers went into liquidation when he claimed that despite Rangers being in administration, despite all the news about Ticketus debt and unpaid tax bills, and despite a pending tax case into EBT's he couldn't see Rangers going into liquidation.

Are you seriously criticising people for not being able to predict the future?

Are you seriously claiming that you can?

Hilarious stuff.

You seem very sure of your facts so let's put some simple number on this .

2 numbers. That's all I ask.

Pretty sure I asked you for two simple numbers.

Was that too difficult for you?

I've heard of odd numbers, even numbers, prime numbers, complex numbers and lots of other weird and wonderful types of numbers but never simple numbers. What are the properties of these numbers? Are they just numbers that aren't complex numbers?

Silly Slarti!

As you can see.... A scientists says.... :)

Pretty sure bluto doesn't need anyone to fight his battles for him.

I may be wrong.

It has never crossed my mind that bluto needs any help. (Well, maybe, but not with economics or politics) Anyway, I think I let you off lightly what with the clumsy way you worded your question. In the present United Kingdom the question and answer are both irrelevant.