Ben Gordon Injured

div

9 minutes ago, farmer john said:

surely Webster has a half good season left in him.. be able to marshal and organise the defence, talk the young players through games...coax and coach..., cajule and and advise....get us up to 3rd bottom then retire, or move on, with grace with the thanks of St Mirren and St Mirren fans. I think he can do that, starting with a good performance tomorrow which should be the foundations of a solid 2-0 or 3-1 win.

I should have put at the start that whoever plays in the centre back position, IMHO, Webster should be one of them.

In fairness he started it last week with a good performance against Raith. Let's hope he can continue the resurgence.

Negativity alert !!!

Only three games suspended ? That's disappointing, IMO Jack Baird is a liability that has cost us dearly already this season. He is a loose cannon who, in our present predicament, we cannot afford to risk in the first team any more.

He got a two game ban and is back into the squad tomorrow.

Young lad who made a mistake that hopefully he will learn from. There is a player in there I think but he needs someone very good beside him IMO.

Whether we can afford to be schooling him right now is up for debate but if it's a toss up between him and Webster then I'd personally go with Jack.

I`ve been critical of Webster this season , and a fair chunk of last season to be fair. However when he came on last week i thought he played very well. Who knows, maybe the spell with the under 20s has given him a wake up call.  35 on his next birthday, if he can play well for the rest of his time here and possibly earn a year extension if not ,then what next for him ?