Top Five Beers !

Isle Of Bute Saint

When in Brussels... go straight to Antwerp! It's only a wee trainride away and believe me, it's a much nicer place to visit then Brussels. You can ask ànyone who's ever been there. And they've got one of Belgium's finest brewery called "De Koninck" where you can get guided tours and - most importantly - have a few (or more) "Bollekes".

www.dekoninck.be

I went to Antwerp to see the Toon beat Royal Antwerp 5-0, in 94. The beer was rather good as well. :cheers You will enjoy it Tom. B)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom, how long you going to be in Belguim for ?

Brussels is a beautiful city but the traffic is murder. It makes getting around London look like a jaunt in the countryside.

I personally prefer Brugge. A gorgeous historic city. I think its only about 30 miles from Brussels and the trains over there are really cheap and fast and on time.....It might be a bit too wet and cold but you can't beat going on a tour of the canals there on a nice day.

We f**ked up in Brussels though. We were staying in the north, and we just assumed that the whole of the country spoke French, so we ordered food in French, said please and thank you in French and thought we were brilliant. It was only after we got talking to a Belgian couple that we were told the folk in the North all speak Dutch and hate those that speak French....

Easy Jet have just started 2 new routes from the Toon & i got me, the wife & the 2 kids flights to Malaga, for £46 a head return,Sat Dec 13th, for 2 nights, including taxes. :o Malaga v Mallorca 14th Dec. B)

Also got me & Mrs Toon a romantic Valentines weekend in Copenhagen 14th Feb for £53 each return, including taxes. Haven't checked the fixtures yet though. :ph34r:

I agree whole heartedly Tom, i don't mind paying the kids the adult fare, even though they will only be 11 & 8 at the time of travel, because you know they couldn't reduce the fare anymore even if they tried.

I paid £40 each return from the Toon to Inverness on the train the other week (booking in well in advance) - which was a good fare, but when you can fly to Spain for £46 then grab it with both hands.

Long live the cheap airlines. B):)

Edited by Toon Saint

What is the best low cost airline then, in terms of comfort and reliability ?

The four of us are going to a show at the Royal Albert Hall in London in February - Cirque De Soleil - and I'd normally go by BMI or BA, but looking at prices you are talking nearly twice what Ryanair would charge. I suppose at least with BMI and BA you get to fly to Heathrow or to London City, but is Stanstead more awkward to get to ?

The four of us are going to a show at the Royal Albert Hall in London in February - Cirque De Soleil - and I'd normally go by BMI or BA, but looking at prices you are talking nearly twice what Ryanair would charge. I suppose at least with BMI and BA you get to fly to Heathrow or to London City, but is Stanstead more awkward to get to ?

Stanstead has good transport links into London by coach or train & has massive car parking space, with a bus that takes you to & from the terminal for free.

One caveat is the astronomical cost of train fares down there. For example, up here a return from Prestwick to Glasgow Central is about £7...down there a similar distance from Stansted to London Liverpool St is £23 return and from Luton to London is £18 return!

If you buy your train ticket on the plane you get a discount Tom.

Fly Paisley Int-Luton with EasyJet then get the Green Line coach service straight into Victoria.It only takes 45 mins and is only about £6 return when you show your EJ ticket