Depression - Christmas & New year

whydowebother

Having suffered from depression some years ago and anxiety ( which is awful ) I was thinking about pretty much anyone who may be or may know someone who is currently struggling and just needs a wee bit of a helping hand.

My Dad (38) & Brother (33) both committed suicide on new years day ( several years apart ) and my wee maw (61) died unexpectedly I’ve certainly had things to think about over the years.

Many of us put on a brave face ‘Aye, I’m fine, thanks for asking’ seems to be the default response when the reality is quite the opposite.

As it happens, I personally really am fine, but, just wonder, I’m sure we all know perhaps one person who isn’t fine albeit ourselves or someone we know. Perhaps drop them a wee text , a call or or preferably a a visit for a wee tea over the festive season, you never know, you might just save a life.

Make someone’s day, a wee card, beer, vist or hello

Merry Christmas every-buddie

[emoji4]

48 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Having suffered from depression some years ago and anxiety ( which is awful ) I was thinking about pretty much anyone who may be or may know someone who is currently struggling and just needs a wee bit of a helping hand.

My Dad (38) & Brother (33) both committed suicide on new years day ( several years apart ) and my wee maw (61) died unexpectedly I’ve certainly had things to think about over the years.

Many of us put on a brave face ‘Aye, I’m fine, thanks for asking’ seems to be the default response when the reality is quite the opposite.

As it happens, I personally really am fine, but, just wonder, I’m sure we all know perhaps one person who isn’t fine albeit ourselves or someone we know. Perhaps drop them a wee text , a call or or preferably a a visit for a wee tea over the festive season, you never know, you might just save a life.

Make someone’s day, a wee card, beer, vist or hello

Merry Christmas every-buddie

emoji4.png

Well said. 

Face to face interaction has declined over recent years which is sad . I never realised how much l liked a crowed Paisley town centre pre-match until it disappeared too . We still get a bit of what it was like when there is a big event on or Super Saints have won something major. At least we still have a right gid crowd in the Westbank on match days . 

One of the most memorable Christmas's for me in recent years was Christmas Eve 2011 , that was fantastic, l won't forget that day . .

• 2 weeks later...