Any interest in a BAWA chess league?

W6er

18 hours ago, truesaint said:

Sent.

I normally play late in the evening. Can either play a long game or let me know when suits to play a few games back to back.

I've added you as a friend. I can see you're better than me, given your puzzles score. But I still think we should put the results of our games in here, for added pressure and to keep the thread going and encourage others to join. However, obviously only if you agreed to that. :) 

8 minutes ago, W6er said:

I've added you as a friend. I can see you're better than me, given your puzzles score. But I still think we should put the results of our games in here, for added pressure and to keep the thread going and encourage others to join. However, obviously only if you agreed to that. :) 

Good idea, unless you're getting pumped, then best to keep it quiet. 

1 hour ago, W6er said:

Puzzles mean nothing. I do them daily as I enjoy them. Have only played a small number of games over the last year so will be rusty. First game means nothing as will be testing each others moves etc. Can count them from them on in if you want to. I am not particularly competitive but can post results if you want. 

57 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Puzzles mean nothing. I do them daily as I enjoy them. Have only played a small number of games over the last year so will be rusty. First game means nothing as will be testing each others moves etc. Can count them from them on in if you want to. I am not particularly competitive but can post results if you want. 

Your puzzle score is intimidating, and I think you're being very modest by suggesting it 'means nothing'.

We'll have to arrange a time for a game. I reckon a 45 minuter would be best. 

38 minutes ago, W6er said:

Your puzzle score is intimidating, and I think you're being very modest by suggesting it 'means nothing'.

Whatever time length and whenever suits you. Just let me know. 

5 hours ago, W6er said:

Be careful, @truesaint will "let you win" the first few games, then he'll suggest a small wager, before you know your house will be his house.

He was featured in a recent "Great Chess Scandal" documentary. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Be careful, @truesaint will "let you win" the first few games, then he'll suggest a small wager, before you know your house will be his house.

He was featured in a recent "Great Chess Scandal" documentary. :rolleyes:

That wasn't me. It was the bot that was playing for me. 😉

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, W6er said:

@truesaint

I always seem to miss you. You seem to be on a bit late for me, and the one time I was on late you had been on 15 mins earlier! If I ever catch you on line I will challenge you to a game, though.

Will PM you my mobile number and can text me to arrange a game - anytime that suits.