Sadly Sinead has gone

faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

A young Sinead O'Connor (56 year old) has sadly passed away.

A pretty decent singer who, unfortunately, had troubles for most of her life.

Ach, life's a bitch. :(

Wow! 

She was talented. She's definitely been acting crazily for years, now. 

Rest in Peace.

23 hours ago, W6er said:

Wow! 

She was talented. She's definitely been acting crazily for years, now. 

Rest in Peace.

I think she was misinterpreted as opposed to crazy. Been taken aback by all the lovely story's of work she done to help and represent minority groups and help people in general. She had a hard life caused by people who should have loved her. RIP Sinead. 

1 hour ago, exiledfan said:

I think she was misinterpreted as opposed to crazy. Been taken aback by all the lovely story's of work she done to help and represent minority groups and help people in general. She had a hard life caused by people who should have loved her. RIP Sinead. 

I think she was a little confused. Wasn't she an LGBT activist and feminist, but also a tattooed Muslim who wore a hijab?

sineadoconnor.thumb.jpeg.401c467e8570906842591b4b9935cf8e.jpeg

I'm a libertarian and far be it for me to tell people what values they should hold, but I find it difficult to see how she could reconcile some of her beliefs. Tattoos are haram in Islam for starters, and it's not the most LGBT friendly of faiths. Some would argue that the hijab is irreconcilable with feminism, at least when wearing it is mandatory as in Iran, or culturally taboo.

I will admit to having had my own mental health problems and I am not judging her. Reading an abridged biography, it would seem she had more than her fair share of trials in life and I think these things may have taken their toll on her. Fifty-six is very young. Does anybody know what caused her death? 

Edited by W6er