Amazing UK Antarctic achievement

antrin

Yet another remarkable feat of fortitude, single-mindedness and strength from this tough British soldier.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/30/british-soldier-harpreet-chandi-world-record-fastest-woman-ski-alone-across-antarctica

I know this’ll give little pleasure to some on here who’ll call this “woke shite”, as she is not only female but from an Asian background and oop north!  Gasp.  The horrors!

I am very impressed.

46 minutes ago, antrin said:

Yet another remarkable feat of fortitude, single-mindedness and strength from this tough British soldier.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/30/british-soldier-harpreet-chandi-world-record-fastest-woman-ski-alone-across-antarctica

I know this’ll give little pleasure to some on here who’ll call this “woke shite”, as she is not only female but from an Asian background and oop north!  Gasp.  The horrors!

I am very impressed.

I am impressed to but why do you have to highlight what you think others might think...thats the problem that has evolved woke into the problem it is today.... 

20 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I am impressed to but why do you have to highlight what you think others might think...thats the problem that has evolved woke into the problem it is today.... 

reasonable question, so…

I recently posted an innocuous praise of Murder is Easy - a bbc production of an Agatha Christie story the other day - mainly to highlight how some of it had been shot in Paisley, but also to commend its quality as a mildly pleasing Agatha Christie murder tale.

And a wanker on here ignored the post, in order to whinge about how the central casting was “woke”. (IE: he dislikes seeing black people on tv.)

He ignored the incongruity of Paisley, Stirling and Tyninghame being represented as the Home Counties.  He ignored the incongruity of Christie’s big character Poirot, never being a police detective, not British and that Belgian character has been portrayed by English, Irish and other nationalities….    He ignored how all entertainments depended on suspending reality and enjoying the production’s efforts to entertain….

Just to complain that the central actor in Murder is Easy was not of a race that appealed to him.  Woke shite, using my woke-free content.

My original reason for posting about that soldier’s amazing feat of perseverance, power and courage was to highlight the astounding human feat, when I realised that the wanker would likely use it as a soapbox for his hate speech.
I don’t care what stupid people think.  I have no control of that, nor control of their reactions.

But I can perhaps puncture his poison posts, in advance.

i doubt this helps?  :unsure:

Edited by antrin
Spelling

7 minutes ago, antrin said:

reasonable question, so…

I recently posted an innocuous praise of Murder is Easy - a bbc production of an Agatha Christie story the other day - mainly to highlight how some of it had been shot in Paisley, but also to commend its quality as a mildly pleasing Agatha Christie murder tale.

And a wanker on here ignored the post, in order to whinge about how the central casting was “woke”. (IE: he dislikes seeing black people on tv.)

He ignored the incongruity of Paisley, Stirling and Tyninghame being represented as the Home Counties.  He ignored the incongruity of Christie’s big character Poirot, never being a police detective, not British and that Belgian character has been portrayed by English, Irish and other nationalities….    He ignored how all entertainments depended on suspending reality and enjoying the production’s efforts to entertain….

Just to complain that the central actor in Murder is Easy was not of a race that appealed to him.  Woke shite, using my woke-free content.

My original reason for posting about that soldier’s amazing feat of perseverance, power and courage was to highlight the astounding human feat, when I realised that the wanker would likely use it as a soapbox for his hate speech.
I don’t care what stupid people think.  I have no control of that, nor control of their reactions.

Humans( and those who identify as ) are not clever enough to have social platforms.... and AI will exploit this further.... as at least it has intelligence

21 minutes ago, antrin said:

reasonable question, so…

You have a valid point but using such abusive language about another poster is a form of hate. 

You mean “wanker”?  
That’s hate?  Describes lots on here with so much time on their hands…

Mild, considering other words that come to mind for someone who so dislikes seeing black people being represented in the news, entertainment, television etc…

25 minutes ago, antrin said:

You mean “wanker”?  
That’s hate?  Describes lots on here with so much time on their hands…

Mild, considering other words that come to mind for someone who so dislikes seeing black people being represented in the news, entertainment, television etc…

If you called them a wanker twice to their face I don’t think he/she/they, etc would give you a hug and a 💋.

You seem far too easily triggered these days. 

Why don’t you just call them out for what you really think. 

Being a wanker can be a pleasant experience. In the right hands. 

3 hours ago, antrin said:

reasonable question, so…

Your fortunate that this is an anonymous identity forum and not subject to the laws of slander. I take it your talking about this post below? Where does it mention a dislike of black people on TV? , I have posted on this forum for years and have never experienced such vitriolic abuse from a forum member. I have never put anyone on ignore and generally understand but don’t always agree with others politics and views on topics. I would never dream of responding as you have to me. I await your apology. 

88396ADF-211D-456B-B6D3-5B10AFEAD90A.jpeg