Tough Mudder?

Stuart Dickson

Is anyone else doing the Tough Mudder this year at Dumfries? I had a wee look at the website and it looks easy. Apparently you only need to be able to do 25 press ups in a row and swim 50 yards. It does also say run 5-7 miles a day which is a bit tougher I guess but I must walk those kind of distances anyway every day going back and forward from the living room and office to the kitchen.

Is anyone else doing the Tough Mudder this year at Dumfries? I had a wee look at the website and it looks easy. Apparently you only need to be able to do 25 press ups in a row and swim 50 yards. It does also say run 5-7 miles a day which is a bit tougher I guess but I must walk those kind of distances anyway every day going back and forward from the living room and office to the kitchen.

Perthshirebell will be up for that, although he might need to adjust the totals....................1 press up, swim 10 yards (Well float) but he'll manage the walk, as long as their is a desperate dan pie waiting at the finish line.

Perthshirebell will be up for that, although he might need to adjust the totals....................1 press up, swim 10 yards (Well float) but he'll manage the walk, as long as their is a desperate dan pie waiting at the finish line.

Well when you read the blub it says it's not all about physical strength, it's more mental and about teamwork. I'm a great team player so my thinking was I could provide the vocal support and encouraging words and someone else could carry me around the course? tongue.png

Nah seriously it looks alright. I've done a few 10km runs in the past. I reckon I could be ready in time for mid June.

Well when you read the blub it says it's not all about physical strength, it's more mental and about teamwork. I'm a great team player so my thinking was I could provide the vocal support and encouraging words and someone else could carry me around the course? tongue.png

Nah seriously it looks alright. I've done a few 10km runs in the past. I reckon I could be ready in time for mid June.

Year? whistling.gif

• 1 year later...

Any other Buddies doing Tough Mudder tomorrow in Dalkeith? 

I'll be doing it in a Saints top and hopefully making to the finish line for that orange headband and free pint Give us a hand if you see me struggling (with the course, not the pint).

one of my mate's is doing it, he's a buddy, all be it probs doesn't post on here. I'll tell him to look out for you.

Naw he's too fat to walk.

It really was a fantastic day out. I would strongly recommend anyone to give it a go next year. I was by no means fit before I started training for it earlier this year and it was a lot more interesting and fun than any marathon or running event.

Plenty of cuts, scrapes, bruises and aching muscles and the 10,000 volts literally knocked me off my feet at the end but it was all great fun.

Shame the St Mirren logo was blacked out after about the first 5 mins.

post-2280-0-37521500-1377618858_thumb.jp