The No, No, No, Yes Campaign

ds10

I have plenty reservations about the 10,000 hours bid but why you are bringing it into what is an opinion poll about stuffing Newco whatsit is beyond me. You have muddied the waters plenty about the buyout but this vote has sod all to do with it. Let's get the vote out of the way. We will probably get the 75% by tonight anyway.

Whatever is going to be cobbled together for the buyout has to be good. I suspect a lot of people who have indicated they would be prepared to help Saints financially if it comes to that will do so on the basis that it is nothing to do with 10,000 hours. To give them credit, without them we wouldn't have known that so many would consider it. Whether they want to help out the directors is another matter. The consortium now look like a crowd of tossers over the Newco vote.

ds10 starts a thread about why it is important for everyone to vote. I have supported his view. I am pointing out why it is important for everyone to vote. I am also highlighting concerns about votes like this will operate once 10000 Hours is in play. The constitution is shite. They are all valid points. You may not like them; however I am very comfortable in making them.

The consortium and 10000 Hours and worst of all St Mirren Football Club look like a crowd of tossers over the Newco vote.

The consortium and 10000 Hours and worst of all St Mirren Football Club look like a crowd of tossers over the Newco vote.

To be fair to the BOD I suppose they can claim that they are legally obliged to act in the best interests of St. Mirren.

And to make a decision that results in St. Mirren going into administration can't really be said to be in the best interests of the club, unless it has the full backing of the supporters.

So the poll is an attempt to ensure they do have the full backing of the support, and although there are a number of caveats, is better than nothing.

Ideally the pole will demonstrate to both the board and other looking in that the vast majority of the support are opposed to a NewCo under any circumstances.

At the end of the day, we all want the BOD to listen to our opinions and act accordingly and that is what they are doing here. (Although after the horse has bolted right enough.......)

To be fair to the BOD I suppose they can claim that they are legally obliged to act in the best interests of St. Mirren.

And to make a decision that results in St. Mirren going into administration can't really be said to be in the best interests of the club, unless it has the full backing of the supporters.

So the poll is an attempt to ensure they do have the full backing of the support, and although there are a number of caveats, is better than nothing.

Ideally the pole will demonstrate to both the board and other looking in that the vast majority of the support are opposed to a NewCo under any circumstances.

At the end of the day, we all want the BOD to listen to our opinions and act accordingly and that is what they are doing here. (Although after the horse has bolted right enough.......)

The horse has bolted so now the BOD - looking after St Mirren's best interests - should vote No since the consequence of a yes vote is a boycott from it's own customers. 10000hours shouldn't have got involved in this, The only reason they did was because, in a bid to boost numbers, they succumbed to pressure over giving the fans a vote on Newco.

Sids right. The consortium and the club certainly look like tossers now, and the CIC has been pulled down with them. Frankly the CIC should have withdrawn it's offer last Thursday and told the consortium it would be back once guarantees could be made about the clubs financial projections. That would have left them aloof of all this shite and in a great position to buy the 52% shareholding at a much reduced price, and if worst came to the worst they could have got 100% control of the club from the administrator.

Only a select few know what went on in those negotiation discussions. The pressure to push the sale has been coming from the Consortium and 10000Hours believe they are in a competitive bid situation. Now that things appear to be on hold - either temporarily or long term - it would be a good chance for 10000Hours to reconvene and discuss next steps.

It would also give an opportunity for the rival bids to engage with their potential future customer base.

I dont think there is any other bids think that was a bit of scare mongring to get people to sign up to the 10000hours.

I dont think there is any other bids think that was a bit of scare mongring to get people to sign up to the 10000hours.

Well there seems to some hint at one now with the SNP putting a motion in to Renfrewshire Council. Having said that though - I'm feeling a bit bloated just now and I think I might be about to submit a motion to North Lanarkshire Council too. :rolleyes:

An asset striper would not buy our club now for anything near £1.5M. What would they strip??....One thing we should now all be agreed on is If we help the club through paying our CiC subs then the value of the 52% shareholding must come down to under £1M. I agree with Stu (If Sevco are out of the way) that 10000hrs (ie us) could get the club for much less if it went into admin....£500,000 would be about right.

There are two other bids. One is at a fairly advanced stage as far as I am aware, the other I've no idea about.